Straw Tote Bag Halloween Jack-o-Lantern Planter

$5

I spotted this old orange straw tote bag at the thrift store and had a "near-craft experience"...because I knew immediately what I would do with it. A jack-o-lantern planter, of course!
Click HERE for all the DIY details!
What do you see when you look at this faded orange and black straw tote bag? Because I saw the beginnings of a jack-o-lantern face! The buckles are eyes...and the handle could be a mouth...hmmm....
With a jack-o-lantern in mind, I first removed the handles and buckles by cutting the threads that attached to the straw. Then I gave the bag a quick wipe down to remove the dust.
And then I gave it a fun jack-o-lantern face! Click here to see how I did it with my super simple trick!
Isn't he cute?? Once the Halloween-ification repurpose was completed, I couldn't wait to...
Fill him with flowers!! I added a little extra weight to the bottom of the tote bag first (head over to the blog for details) and then I set a pot of mums inside. Now I just need a few fun pumpkins to finish up my autumn / fall / Halloween porch display!
Want to re-create this yourself but can't find an orange straw tote? Grab a plain/natural colored one and hit with some orange spray paint! Just make sure to add a coat of sealant before setting it outside.

• Tote bag  (Thrift store)
  • Mums  (Nursery/Home Store)

3 Super Cool Marbelizing Techniques Everyone's Trying!
15 Memorial Day Crafts
These Stunning Seating Ideas Will Blow You Away
Do You Want to Update Your Antique Furniture?
16 Floating Shelves That Will Stun Guests
Sadie Seasongoods

• Viola Bean
    Viola Bean

What do say at a wedding when mom has to speak of marriage
  • Joanne Brodka Sanchez
    Joanne Brodka Sanchez

Great idea. I want to know where you can buy that umbrella stand.
    • Sadie Seasongoods
      Sadie Seasongoods

Haha, thanks, Joanne- that was actually a project on my blog. I'm not allowed to post the link here, but if you google Sadie Seasongoods umbrella stand, you'll find it!