Baby Diaper Cake

You can use this as a gift or centerpiece for any baby shower
Youtube video.
Roll diapers and hold them together with mini rubber bands. You can buy clear or white. You can use any color if you like as you can not see them once the cake is assembled.
Attach doilies to cake rounds.
Cover cake rounds . You can use cake rounds purchased from a craft store or wall mart. You may also use cardboard cake rounds, but I would double them up due to the weight. Papaer doilies can be purchased at Walmart or anywhere they have cake decorating supplies.
Tie diapers together. I use twine to tie diapers to keep them from coming apart. Remove from pan.
Add ribbon with glue dots by glueing the ribbon to itself. Try not to use to many glue dots on the diapers themselves.
Repeat this process on all layers. Set aside.
To add pillars take your "cardboard" cake round and poke 4 holes that line up with the placement of the top tier placement. Insert dowels into each hole and work them in between or down the center of the rolled diapers. I used about 8" inch dowels for this. Pass dowels through cardboard and up through pillars. Add top cake tier . Secure pillars with glue dots. Zots brand is what I use.
Now you can begin to add flowers, by gently sliding them under the diapers., Make sure you leave enough stem on your flower to the flowers don't fall out.
I have done many of these and you can use any embellishments you like. I used trial size lotion and shampoo and powder, I made the lollipops out of baby washcloths and baby spoons. I used Dollar Tree items for adornments such as "It's a girl" Rattles. I used baby booties to hang on the little plastic safety pins.
Top tier.
See video for detailed instructions this will make it much easier to understand the process.
Materials
Boy cake.
Check out our facebook page for more photos of other cakes we have done. I have also made some where no specific gender is identified. As well as other crafts. https://www.facebook.com/dowitty/?ref=ts&fref=ts
Small girl cake.
Girl cake
Boy cake

• Diapers  (Amazon.com)
  • Ribbon  (Walmart.com)
  • Baby items  (Walmart, Dollar Tree)

15 Unbelievable Ways People Paint Their Walls
Check Out These 30 Incredible Floor Transformations Ideas
3 Cute Step-by-Step Ideas For Unique Planters
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
25 Fabulous Feather Projects That You Don't Want To Miss
Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
Instantly Upgrade Your Living Space With These Amazing DIY Ideas
3 Creative Eye Catching Rug Projects That No One Else Has!
30 Ideas To Make Your Office Look Great
Step-by-Step Painting Techniques You'll Want to Try!
Live Life In Color With These Amazing Ideas For Your Home
18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July

To see more: https://youtu.be/VBh7a5Eqdss

• Ind3196930

How many diapers did this use

• DoWitty

These are size 3 diapers if you use newborn you will need about 120. Thanks for the questions.

• Heather

Where do you pick up the cake rounds you used for this project? Were the diapers you used disposable ones?

• DoWitty

Cake rounds can be purchased at your Wilton section of your craft store, or Walmart stores. Yes, these are disposable diapers. Thanks for asking. You can also see this and other projects on our YouTube channel. Under. DoWitty .