Dan330
Dan330
  • Saint Paul, MN

Easy Fall Candle Project

Here is an easy DIY Fall candle project. You will need access to wood at least three inches in diameter. We used buckthorn which is a very invasive bush that many communities require that you remove anyway. One of the very good qualities of buckthorn is that has a very rich color to the wood with well defined grain. Your candles will look very good in this type of wood.
Start with the basics. Cut a section of wood a couple of feet long. This will give you enough material for a grouping of candles of various heights. Find a wood drill bit that will make a hole big enough for the the candle to fit in. Drill the hole just deep enough for the tea light candle to fit in.
For more details go to: http://livedan330.com/2015/10/18/diy-fall-candles/ and don't forget to follow us on Hometalk.
Here is the finished product. Put the tea light candles in your drilled hole. Add seasonal gourds to taste.
You will need a section of wood about two feet long.
Access to a miter box is a plus. This will give the cleanest cut.
Find a wood drill bit that is big enough for the tea light candles to fit in the hole.
Drill the hole in your wood slice just deep enough for your candle.
This is what your wood slice should look like when you are done.

Dan330

• Cher Kalil

I've been thinking about making these for the last few years, yes years. (I have many projects to complete). I think my biggest obstacle keeping me from this simple project is not already having a paddle drill that big in my set. They look great and sell for much too much money!

• Clair

I’ve seen this before. It actually looks better if you take the 3 of them & wrap 3-4 strands of brown twine around it, tie with a little bow