Side Tables Into a Cat Tree

This is similar to the tables I got, I didn't take a before picture, they were solid wood but had a mildewy, moldy smell to them and I almost burned them after about a month but I persevered and made a cat tree out of them.
I had to clean the tables, I wiped them down with soap and water and a rag first, let them dry and they stunk bad. I wiped them down with bleach water, dried, wiped them down with pinesol water then dried, wiped them down, put baking soda in them, put, carpet freshner in them, let them sit ourside under the porch for weeks and they still smelled. Finally after a month or more sitting out I mixed up some water with those scent crystals for laudry and wiped them down again and you know the smell went away. I waited a week and they still smelled good so I started sanding and painting.
I sanded them primed everything, spray painted the inside then the outside masking along the way to separate the colors. Hand painted designs inside and out, used stencils. (I think I went a little overboard on the stencils though) I spray painted using weeds for a muted design on some of it. We used metal braces to attach them and used part of an old cat tree we had torn apart plus wood boards for shelves with carpet. I made the pillows myself with foam and batting plus made the covers for them.

Upgrade Your Backyard With These 30 Clever Ideas
Jazz Up Your Bathroom With These 30 Stylish Additions
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
Check Out These Wonderful Ways To Decorate Your Plain Mugs
DP