HOW TO DECORATE A FAUX ANTLER WREATH FOR SEASONS THROUGHOUT THE YEAR

$25

While shopping a while ago, I saw a faux antler wreath. The minute I saw it, I envisioned it with leaves to make it look like fall but I also knew I wanted to use this for Christmas and other seasons, too.
This is the wreath I ended up decorating so that it can easily be changed out for each holiday/season; and then reusing the same decor for each season as it rolls around.
This is the faux wreath I saw and bought at the store. We happen to love touches of rustic in our decor. If you're really into antlers, feel free to make your own wreath from your collection of real antlers.
The faux antler has a shiny look which made it look like it wasn't real. I mixed a bit of white chalk paint and the color mudstone from Ceramcoat craft paint. Rather than brush it one, I used paper towels dipped into the paint and rubbed it on and then off. I just wanted to tone down the shiny look.
I had some artificial maple leaves and decided to paint a couple of them a dark blue. After the paint dried, I painted a light coat of metallic silver paint over the blue leaves. Note: We have a dark blue wall in our living room so that's why I went with the blue; but you can leave them as they are or paint a couple of leaves in a color to your liking.
Rather than using floral wire, I chose to use some picture hanging wire because it's flexible and easy to work with, plus it was in silver. I started by wrapping two stems together.
I added embellishments like feathers, pinecones, acorns and litchen. I kept flip-flopping these leaves from face up (to decide where I wanted to hot glue the embellishment), to face down so I could hot glue it in place on the back side.
This is after I've added some of the embellishment.
After I finished putting my leaves and embellishments together, I used the same picture hanging wire to start attaching it to the antler wreath.
This shows the back side of the wreath and how I wrapped the wire onto the wreath. It's all done with twisting so it will be easy to remove when I want to put another decoration on it for the holidays or springtime. Then it's a matter of just storing my fall leaves until I use them next year. I have more photos and further instructions on my blog, if you need to see more. I also have sources where you can find some of the embellishments and faux antler wreaths

• Faux Antler Wreath  (Pier One)
  • Faux fall leaves  (Michael's)
  • Embellishments  (Craft Stores)

Theredpaintedcottage