Custom Range Hood for Under $50

$46.00

I love range hoods. I've wanted a custom one for a while but didn't want to spend the $700 or so. Last weekend I decided I would just make my own. After creating the master closet I had almost super human building power strength ( visualize Wonder Woman flexing her muscles). It was so much easier than expected and the results were amazing!
The final product!
The final product!
The area before
The area before
The demoed out cabinet. Let me add since I had a comment about the mess on the stove - the stove is broken. My husband cracked it and I only have one functioning burner. When you do this remove the stove (or at least cover it).
Support brackets in!
Support brackets in!
The front face and support bracket
The front face and support bracket
I want to add a note here about the vent. This is a recirculating vent. The cost to create a vent to the outside was over $1000. The unit I purchased is made to sit inside a cabinet or range hood. Please note that if you take on this project, you will need to ensure you have the correct vent for your home.
Plywood front attached
Plywood front attached
Trim and lattice attached
Trim and lattice attached
And just for comparison, before and after.

The Rozy Home

• Alv3047844

What hood or vent did you get exactly? Did you have to put a recirculating kit on it?

• Tara

This is what I want to do in my kitchen too! I LOVE the style you did! I have a question for you...I want to know how you did the trim on the very top of your hood? Is it the same as the trim around all of your cabinets? I want to have trim on the top of mine too but there is already trim where I would need to put it. Can you explain your process of adding trim to the top please?

• Megan Gilroy Stanley

Hi -

trying do do same exact hood cover - how much gap space did you leave around between wood & insert so air could recirculate into kitchen ? wondering if I should make it with doors that I can open when have vent on?

• Jennifer

gotcha! I think I can do something similar since it just needs to be a small gap. Thanks SO much for your input :)

• Pam

I think that a copper range hood would look so nice in my house. They are very classy and I love the look of shiny copper! You could do them above your stove in your home kitchen like this blog shows. But they also could be good for a commercial restaurant range hood! http://www.rangecraft.com/hoods/
    • H moss

You can do this exact one and paint over it with Modern Masters copper paint or a hammered copper paint by Rustoleum to save money and it will look just as nice as copper:)