Happy Fall Y'all Pumpkin Topiary

5 materials
This is a simple fall DIY project. It is made from the plastic pumpkins that are available everywhere. Add some paint, vinyl and fall flowers and you have all you need to complete this awesome decor.
You will need these items to complete.
1. 4 plastic pumpkins
2. spray paint
3. rocks
4. vinyl letters (or you can paint them on)
5. fall decor for the top
6. piece of Styrofoam
7. Hot glue gun and glue
$1 plastic Pumpkins (you will need 4)
This is the pumpkins you will use. I know they have a face on them but the face will be towards the back. Once you paint them you can still see the face outline but it is not quite as pronounced.
I used a Metallic color for the one I did. You can use what ever color you want. I have seen versions of these done in black, white or a cream color.
Paint color of your choice
Once painted and dry you can put on the letters. I used my Cricut to cut the letters from vinyl. You could cut a template and paint them on. If you are really talented (I am not) you could free hand it.
You can change the words to what ever you want. I know my sister up North said she wouldn't put the Y'all but I am in the south so it works well.
add the words
The next step is to add the top flower arrangement. I cut some small pieces of styrofoam and layered them inside the top pumpkin. I then just stuck the arrangement in and added some moss around the edges.
The top floral arrangment
to finish up you will want to add some rocks or something heavy to the bottom pumpkin to keep iot stable. You can glue the pumpkins together if you want. I did not beings mine will stay inside.
I would think if you wanted it outside you might need to come up with a way to stack it on a large base to keep it from tipping in the wind. You could use a large flower pot or urn and fill it with rocks and have something over the top to glue the bottom pumpkin too. I may try one for my outdoor fall decor.
Another idea that I have seen is to put your house numbers on instead of words.
The total cost for this one about $20
Just love how it turned out.

Bonnie Singleton

Questions on this post

Your ...
3 of 5 questions

Comments

10 of 37 comments
Your ...
Next