DIY Watercolor Sharpie Planter

178K Views
When it was time for another Monthly DIY Challenge with my blog friends, I had to get super creative. Our product of choice was Sharpie markers and I had no idea what to make! After doing some research I discovered that rubbing alcohol can create a pretty amazing effect when paired with this household marker and I knew I had to give it a try!
  • diy watercolor sharpie planter, container gardening, crafts, painting
You can use this on other things besides a vase, but I wanted an excuse to buy another plant ;) I clearly have a thing for making planters. You can check out these faux concrete ones too!
You basically just draw on your vase where you want the design to be.
Then you can dribble a little rubbing alcohol over it and you'll start to see the watercolor start to appear.
It's such a fun way to create an abstract piece of art that doubles as a home for your plants!
And you could totally use different colors to create an even cooler pattern! I used blue and black here to achieve a darker blue.
If you have a black thumb like me and prefer working with faux plants you might like my Pressed Eucalyptus Art!
What would you try this Sharpie method on??

Suggested materials for this project:

• Sharpie Marker
  • Rubbing Alcohol
  • Ceramic Vase
Brepurposed

Want more details about this project and other DIY projects? Check out my blog post!