Needing help with painting a rug on a front wooden porch

+32
I have a huge front porch,8 wide and 30 feet long. the steps are 8 feet wide. I just repainted it dark brown and would like to paint a carpet on the wood porch, I have tried to put real carpets down and the screen door just pushes them out of the way. I re did the walk way leading up to the porch with a stone design in five different colors. I am not sure if I should do the rug in stripes to go with the wood planks or do the stone look? and I am not sure how big I should make the rug, was thinking a 3x5 or a 5x8. since the steps are 8 feet wide do I make the rug as wide as the steps? I would really like some help on this. thinking of doing this in the next few days. any advice would be really helpful.
needing help with painting a rug on a front wooden porch, curb appeal, flooring, painting