Leura Garden Festival Kicks Off This Weekend - I Can't Wait!

The Leura Garden Festival is an annual event here in the Blue Mountains of NSW Australia. It is due to start this weekend and runs till the Sunday of the following weekend. Saturday Oct 5th - Sunday Oct 13th 2013. There are 10 gardens to view this time around. I went last year with a friend and we managed to view about 7 of the 11 on show last time. This year I am going with my husband. Last year I took some 250 photos! Here is just a taste. The money collected for entrance fees is donated to local hospitals. Many tourists will visit the gardens as well as locals, so hopefully that means some good donations to the hospitals! BTW, it actually snowed a few days before this visit to the gardens. The snow settled and It was knee deep! Freak weather. The snow had all melted away within two days and visitors to these mountain gardens were hard pushed to believe it had snowed till they saw the photographs at each garden showing the tulips and lovely plants all covered in snow!
Glenhaven garden with the whale hedge. They donated entry fees to guide dogs for the blind.
Magnolia
Variegated Pieris (I think!)
Pieris also known as Temple Bells
King parrot
King parrot - common in this area. This is the colourful male.
Rhododendrons (I think)
Pieris and urn
Bluebells.
Peach colour tulips en masse
Waratah - the flower symbol of the state of New South Wales (NSW) Australia

Questions on this post

Your question...

Comments

2 of 8 comments
Next