Abbey D
Abbey D
  • Delaware, OH

How to Clean Your Patio Cushions Easily

This time of the year we're all trying to decorate our homes cute for fall, but it's also important to start winterizing your outdoor patio furniture so that it's in prime condition for the spring. Today I want to show you how to clean your patio cushions easily with a simple soapy mixture and some steam! *steam is optional, but really helpful!
how to clean your patio cushions easily, cleaning tips, how to, outdoor furniture, outdoor living, patio
My cushions have sat outside all spring and summer, so they were pretty gross. Lots of water stains and stains from leaves sitting on them. So I started by making a mixture of water, borax, and Dawn in a bottle and mixing it well.
I sprayed it all over the cushion and let sit for about 20 minutes, then I pulled out my handy HomeRight AutoRight Steamer and put a nylon brush on the tip and really got to scrubbing all the stains.
I scrubbed a bunch, then rinsed them off with the hose and let them air dry in the sun for 24 hours. The cushions still have a few small spots, but they smell good and they are in much, much better condition than before!
To find ALL the details on what I did, please visit my blog (link below) for the nitty gritty! Thanks!
Abbey D

• Fre12641338

how much of each product to use

• DB

1Tbs Borax, 3 TBs Dawn Then how big was your spray bottle so we know how much H2O? 4 oz? 8oz? 12oz????

• Rita

How much of each ingredient do I put in the spray bottle? Great idea!

• Ivory

Thank you, just save us $, not having to buy new cushions.

• Treasuredchaos.com

I have an outdoor set (I'm pretty sure just exactly like this) and I slip the covers off (prob. once a month) and wash them in the 30 min soak cycle with oxy clean in my washer. Mine's actually in the family room in my house...best thing I ever did with my three kids was buy a couch I can throw in the washer!