Pineapple Jack-o'-Lantern

$10

We were looking for something different to try for Halloween when I saw a picture online of a pineapple jack-o-lantern and thought it would be a fun project to try. Unlike raw pumpkin, we love pineapple; so the core will quickly be eaten in no time.
Video of the corer in action
Tools:
* Pineapple Corer: This was our first time using one of these and I think it worked great. There are a variety of models out there - this one cost about $6 from Amazon.
* X-Acto knife: For the carving, you should use an x-acto knife or other sharp utensil to cut your pineapple.
Cored
Cored
I enlisted my daughter to cut the jack-o-lantern faces. Use the best side for the face.
This was a very easy project and I think they turned out pretty nice. Happy Halloween, Island style!

Everything Red For Canada Day
15 Awesome Projects To Get You Ready For St. Patrick's Day
3 Easy Ways To Upgrade Your Pillows To A High End Look
15 Unconventional Ways To Use A Tomato Cage
Hometalk's Top 10 Spookiest Halloween Picks Of 2017
4 Chemical-Free Ways To Clean In Your Home
Make Your Kitchen Beautiful With These 15 Inexpensive Ideas
Easy DIY Ideas To Add Some FUN To Your Office Space
Check Out These 15 Beautiful Flower Ideas For Spring
Update Your Plain Dishes With These Adorable Ideas
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration

To see more: http://www.instructables.com/id/Pineapple-Jack-o-Lantern-1/

• Bridget

Hello! I work for a Beach lifestyle company called Beachmate running their social media account. I post an instagram photo every year of a pineapple jack-o-lantern. Would you mind if we posted the link to your tutorial in our Instagram post?

• Mark

Yes, the inner core was cut out with a knife so the bottom was flat. You could also run the corer all the way through (small hole in the bottom). Yes, I recommend doing these on the day of the event to prevent rotting.

• Lisa House

Fabulous!