Easy Installation of Bamboo Blinds

I've been unhappy with the current window treatments in the Ladies' Lounge (also know as our sunroom) for quite some time. When we'd originally moved in, I bought cheap curtains from Target and just threw them up so that it would block some of the light and give some privacy. They were too short, pulled too tight across the window, and had gotten very dirty over the last couple of years.
I originally was looking at doing white blinds with linen curtains, but was thinking that it might look too washed out. I wanted something that would coordinate back to the wood tones in the room and add some much needed texture, so bamboo blinds were a natural choice.
I bought them all at Home Depot and they could not have been easier to install! Visit my blog to see the full details!
Updated room with the new bamboo blinds!
Previous curtains in the sunroom.
Previous curtains in the sunroom.
Installing the bamboo blinds were super easy!
One window down, 6 more to go!
One window down, 6 more to go!
Finished!
Finished!

Allie Wachter

• Mars

They look awesome, What do you do with those long cords when they are up? they drive me nuts just hanging there, in the way. I have them on my windows in the dining room.

• BTR309484

To shorten your cord...Put the blinds in the lowered position, then slide the wooden knob on the end of the cord up to your desired length, cut off excess cord and tie ends in a knot, then slide the wooden knob back down over the knot. I have used the sharp tip of my scissors to pry the original knot out of the wooden knob (should be a hole in the bottom of wooden knob)! The long cords can be hazardous to small children and pets that could get tangled in them!

• Allie Wachter

@BTRN Thanks! I actually added metal tie back hardware to the cords so that they could be stored up and away from the floor. You can see in the first picture they don't hang down long now!