How To Paint Your Counters

I recently used some primer and craft paint to transform my plain, old counters to resemble faux stone! I am so happy with my new look and it was so much cheaper than buying new!
Visit my blog post for more pictures and in depth tutorial on how you can do this too!
how to paint your counters, countertops, diy, how to, painting, The final project
The final project!
how to paint your counters, countertops, diy, how to, painting, Here is a close up to show the detail
Here is a close up to show the detail.
how to paint your counters, countertops, diy, how to, painting, I taped off the areas I wanted to stay unpainted and applied an all purpose primer after a deglazing product
I taped off the areas I wanted to stay unpainted and applied an all purpose primer after a deglazing product.
how to paint your counters, countertops, diy, how to, painting, I used several sizes of natural sponges and a slim artist s brush to apply 6 7 colors of acrylic craft paint
I used several sizes of natural sponges and a slim artist's brush to apply 6-7 colors of acrylic craft paint.
how to paint your counters, countertops, diy, how to, painting, I sponged in 2 ft sections so the wet layers would blend
I sponged in 2 ft sections so the wet layers would blend.
how to paint your counters, countertops, diy, how to, painting, Adding darker colors adds some depth
Adding darker colors adds some depth!
how to paint your counters, countertops, diy, how to, painting, The artist s brush helped me create authentic looking veining This is my favorite part
The artist's brush helped me create authentic looking veining. This is my favorite part!
how to paint your counters, countertops, diy, how to, painting, 5 coats of sealer and it s done
5 coats of sealer and it's done!
how to paint your counters, countertops, diy, how to, painting
how to paint your counters, countertops, diy, how to, painting, I treat it like any laminate counter and it s seems durable so far
I treat it like any laminate counter and it's seems durable so far!
Days of Chalk and Chocolate

• I have the same question as Christy Fulcher Jones. Please - what brands and colors did you use? Thanks.

• Jenny, your kitchen counter top is just beautiful!! I was wondering can you do this technique to re-do your bath room counter tops ? If so, please advise what i need to purchase. I don’t think I will mess with the sponges, but I would love to just change the color. Thank you so much !!

• Mil796194
    30 minutes ago

I have painted my counter top before but they are dark...love your colors...do you remember whick colors you used?