Fall Harvest Around the Potting Shed

The Potting Shed is dressed for fall with pumpkins, mums and corn stalks for a celebration of fall and harvest season!
fall harvest around the potting shed, gardening, outdoor living
We’ve had a week of beautiful fall weather with daytime temperatures in the 70s, dipping into the 40s and 50s at night. We’re warming up again this week to summer-like temperatures in the 80s, but I’m staying in a fall state of mind with thoughts of apple orchards, hot cider, harvest feasts, hay rides, pumpkin patches and corn mazes!
I found this directional fall sign at T. J. Maxx several weeks ago for $30 and brought it home to plant it by my Potting Shed! I added a few sprigs of bittersweet vine to embellish it . If you're handy with stenciling and a saw, you can create a similar by upcycling a palette. . .alas, I am not, my skill set leans more towards picking pumpkins :)
I pulled out the spent summer annuals in my urn and placed a bittersweet vine around the rim of the urn. A pumpkin stack provides instant seasonal focal point in my perennial bed in front of the Potting Shed.
Pumpkins and mums add some seasonal fall color. I've been picking pumpkins for a couple of weeks from the garden centers, farmers market and grocery store.
Corn stalks flank the door in welcome and a bittersweet wreath frames a vintage tole tray on the door.
I removed the liner from the window box and filled it with an assortment of pumpkins and gourds.
You can find mesh bags of assortments of gourds and pumpkins from Lowe's and Walmart for just a few dollars.
I placed terra cotta pots in the back of the window box for space filler and placed the gourds and pumpkins in front of them. The pots provide a place for the top row of pumpkins to sit safely and be visible.
More photos and details at the link below...Happy Harvest!
Mary @ Home is Where the Boat Is

1 comment
  • Brenda S.

This is beautiful!! Looks like something out of a story book :)