Easy Electrical Outlet Cover Tip

Do you have outlet covers that are the outdated almond color?
I found an amazing product that I am super excited to share with you that will fix mismatched electrical outlets and electrical outlet covers.
When we moved into our 1970s home there were several things that needed updating. One of the needed updates was the electrical outlets and covers. I prefer electrical outlets and covers in white, however our house had the outdated almond color. I bought several white outlet covers and installed them over the existing almond colored electrical outlets.
Regardless of the way they looked I was adamant on having white outlet covers so I was willing to live with the look. Then on a visit to Home Depot (of course it happened after I purchased a 10 pack of the other outlet covers) the heavens opened up and I found this amazing product!
A decorator wall plate.
These outlet covers create a uniform, modern appearance and save time on labor. Instead of having to uninstall and unwire the old outlets, then install and rewire new outlets these covers fit right over the existing electrical outlets. These retail for around $2.25 each.
I have tested them on several outlets and I have had no problem with plugging in a cord.
I am so excited about this product and we will be replacing all of our old covers will these. Such a quick and easy project to get rid of an eye sore in our house.
Here are a couple other projects I made to fix other eyes sores in my home.
Here is how to cover up tissue boxes. Bless You Wooden Tissue Box Holder .
Here is how I made my kitchen conversion chart more appealing. Check out the Kitchen Conversion Printable and Plaque.
Thanks so much and I hope to see you over at Dream Design DIY,
Tiffany

• Decorator wall plate  (The Home Depot)
  • Screwdriver

Add A Hint Of Farmhouse Style In Your Home With These Ideas
15 Stencil Patterns You'll Wish You'd Seen Sooner
The Cutest Ways to Decorate Your Front Porch for Easter!
23 Adorable Ways You Can Make Your Own Coasters
Does Your Staircase Need an Update?
Use Ribbon To Decorate For Christmas With These Last Minute Ideas!
25 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You SUPER Excited for Christmas
3 Brilliant Ideas How to Use Photo Frames
Do You Want to Update Your Antique Furniture?
15 Memorial Day Crafts
15 Cute Ways To Decorate Tin Cans Into Planters
Tiffany from Dream Design DIY

• Debbie Strickland Manshack

Any advice for wall light switches?
    • Janet

See below...they are full decorator switch plates for 1, 2 and 3 toggle switches. On Amazon.com, and sold by ESL.

• Julie Lloyd

Do they come in just the 2 prong cover? My house doesn't have the 3 prong, unfortunately.
    • Nicole Loughman

Suggesting outlets be reworked is not necessary. The grounding issue is only critical for certain appliances. The only caveat I have is that u looked at these on Amazon a while ago and some reviews said that the additional thickness of the cover didn’t allow for full insertion of some plugs, which could present an possibility of arcing and fire risk.

• Karen Touch

How to decorate egress window, so looks decorative and clean from the inside???

• C

What a clever product! Great for us females who do not like to play with electricity. Thanks so much for sharing.

• Kitty

Us females? Let’s not further limit ourselves. Smart people, female and male, hire a licensed electrician to do these jobs.