Easy Electrical Outlet Cover Tip

Do you have outlet covers that are the outdated almond color?
I found an amazing product that I am super excited to share with you that will fix mismatched electrical outlets and electrical outlet covers.
easy electrical outlet cover tip, home decor, how to, kitchen design, pallet
When we moved into our 1970s home there were several things that needed updating. One of the needed updates was the electrical outlets and covers. I prefer electrical outlets and covers in white, however our house had the outdated almond color. I bought several white outlet covers and installed them over the existing almond colored electrical outlets.
Regardless of the way they looked I was adamant on having white outlet covers so I was willing to live with the look. Then on a visit to Home Depot (of course it happened after I purchased a 10 pack of the other outlet covers) the heavens opened up and I found this amazing product!
A decorator wall plate.
These outlet covers create a uniform, modern appearance and save time on labor. Instead of having to uninstall and unwire the old outlets, then install and rewire new outlets these covers fit right over the existing electrical outlets. These retail for around $2.25 each.
I have tested them on several outlets and I have had no problem with plugging in a cord.
I am so excited about this product and we will be replacing all of our old covers will these. Such a quick and easy project to get rid of an eye sore in our house.
Here are a couple other projects I made to fix other eyes sores in my home.
Here is how to cover up tissue boxes. Bless You Wooden Tissue Box Holder .
Here is how I made my kitchen conversion chart more appealing. Check out the Kitchen Conversion Printable and Plaque.
Thanks so much and I hope to see you over at Dream Design DIY,
Tiffany

• Decorator wall plate  (The Home Depot)
  • Screwdriver
Tiffany from Dream Design DIY