Ornament Wreath

$25

Hooray for more holiday treats! I am sure you have seen a good ornament wreath before, but why not make one exactly the size and colors that you want? This ornament wreath is not only super customizable, but super easy too! You only need some pool noodles (YES, POOL NOODLES), ornaments, loads of hot glue and dried greenery to create this beauty! Add some lights for a pretty glow and you are seriously set for a nice mantle piece.
ornament wreath, christmas decorations, crafts, home decor, lighting, seasonal holiday decor, wreaths
SUPPLIES: -2 Pool Noodles -Hot Glue -Duct Tape -Ornaments (LOADS of THEM - I suggest getting several of the large tubs from Wal-Mart... I used 2.5 tubs for a 30" diameter wreath... If you are going smaller you obviously don't need as many) -Dried Greenery (Eucalyptus is a good one to go with) -Battery Powered Lights
STEP 1: Take 2 pool noodles and tape two ends together with duct tape. (Tape liberally)

STEP 2: Shape your noodles into a circle and cut to the size you want your wreath to be. (A bread knife slices right through!) You can use the entire length if you want a gigantic wreath! Once you have the size you want tape the two open ends of the noodles together to enclose the circle.
STEP 3: Hot glue large ornaments to the outside of the noodle ring you have created being sure to give variety to the order.
STEP 4: Hot glue ornaments to the inner edge of the circle in the same manner.
STEP 5: Once the outsides of your noodle are covered it is time to pile ornaments on the top of the noodle to cover up the noodle entirely. You can fill in small spaces with smaller ornaments.
STEP 6: Fill all the cracks and crevices with dried greenery. I used eucalyptus because it lasts. This way I don't have to replace the greens every year. Glue them into place so they don't fall out of place. Make sure to cover up any parts of the noodles that are still showing.
STEP 7: Take a small wired battery powered light strand and wrap it around the ornaments and through the greens.
This thing is honestly better looking than I expected! I love how the lights gleam against the ornaments (not that you can see that as well in a picture, but trust me it's lovely)
I mean this is seriously making me Holiday hungry! I want to bake some cookies or something!
This one is a bit on the fancy side, but I kind of want to make one that is whimsical now! How fun would this be in bright greens, pinks and blues with some craspedia throughout it?!?

• Christine

I have tried to make wreaths using soft items like pool noodles and pipe insulation. I find that they are not strong enough to support the weight and tend to sag so that they are no longer circular. How do you counteract this problem?

• JoeAnna Taylor

Fantastic job! I will definitely make this + the dollar store had some incredible ornaments, too...I wonder if after hot gluing you could use liquid glue, too and then put the wreath outside?

• Terre Tulsiak

Just saw this after Christmas but so great! I'm new to glue guns- are there different temps that won't melt plastic noodle? Also, if you wrap noodle or even spray paint you wouldn't have to fill in every gap- although yours was gorgeous and full, I tend to skimp...

• Carla

I just love ornament wreaths. beautiful.

• Chuckee Notelling

love it! Just as it is. Big wreaths are so expensive and all Christmas decor is on sale now and will be for a while, I can see making one of these beauties for way way less than the cost of buying one. Thanx for the idea!