Ornament Wreath

$25

Hooray for more holiday treats! I am sure you have seen a good ornament wreath before, but why not make one exactly the size and colors that you want? This ornament wreath is not only super customizable, but super easy too! You only need some pool noodles (YES, POOL NOODLES), ornaments, loads of hot glue and dried greenery to create this beauty! Add some lights for a pretty glow and you are seriously set for a nice mantle piece.
SUPPLIES: -2 Pool Noodles -Hot Glue -Duct Tape -Ornaments (LOADS of THEM - I suggest getting several of the large tubs from Wal-Mart... I used 2.5 tubs for a 30" diameter wreath... If you are going smaller you obviously don't need as many) -Dried Greenery (Eucalyptus is a good one to go with) -Battery Powered Lights
STEP 1: Take 2 pool noodles and tape two ends together with duct tape. (Tape liberally)

STEP 2: Shape your noodles into a circle and cut to the size you want your wreath to be. (A bread knife slices right through!) You can use the entire length if you want a gigantic wreath! Once you have the size you want tape the two open ends of the noodles together to enclose the circle.
STEP 3: Hot glue large ornaments to the outside of the noodle ring you have created being sure to give variety to the order.
STEP 4: Hot glue ornaments to the inner edge of the circle in the same manner.
STEP 5: Once the outsides of your noodle are covered it is time to pile ornaments on the top of the noodle to cover up the noodle entirely. You can fill in small spaces with smaller ornaments.
STEP 6: Fill all the cracks and crevices with dried greenery. I used eucalyptus because it lasts. This way I don't have to replace the greens every year. Glue them into place so they don't fall out of place. Make sure to cover up any parts of the noodles that are still showing.
STEP 7: Take a small wired battery powered light strand and wrap it around the ornaments and through the greens.
This thing is honestly better looking than I expected! I love how the lights gleam against the ornaments (not that you can see that as well in a picture, but trust me it's lovely)
I mean this is seriously making me Holiday hungry! I want to bake some cookies or something!
This one is a bit on the fancy side, but I kind of want to make one that is whimsical now! How fun would this be in bright greens, pinks and blues with some craspedia throughout it?!?
This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
Old License Plates Lying Around? Check Out These 28 Snazzy Decor Ideas
21 Stunning Wreaths for The 4th of July
These Clever Decor Ideas Are So Perfect For Summer
15 Stencil Patterns You'll Wish You'd Seen Sooner
25 Impressive Ways You Can Update Your Ikea Purchases!
20 Ways To Make Your Own Personalized Clock
15 Unbelievable Ways People Paint Their Walls
26 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You REALLY Excited for Christmas
The Wonderful Things You Can Make With...Paper!
3 Ideas To Use Terracotta Pots You Definitely Haven't Seen Before
Keep Your Craft Supplies Organized With These Fun Storage Ideas
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try

• Terre Tulsiak

Just saw this after Christmas but so great! I'm new to glue guns- are there different temps that won't melt plastic noodle? Also, if you wrap noodle or even spray paint you wouldn't have to fill in every gap- although yours was gorgeous and full, I tend to skimp...

• Karen Zadanski Overmeyer

When it freezes out, are those ornaments going to snap off??!!!

• Viola Kay Carter Weathersby

Hot glue pellets that you melt in an electric pot and paint on or apply with a wooden tongue depressor, paint stir stick or similar item are supposed to be weather proof. Haven't tried using a silicon spatula but I believe that would work as an applicator as well. In hot climates this is good on door wreaths where the heat from the sun can cause things to pop off.

• Sandy

Can you use GARLAND instead of all the little picks, might be a little expensive for me. About how much was all this unless you had the material and just recycled them NICE ANY WAY.

• Kat

Finally, a very clever and unique project. This looks so nice and not a cheesy looking project (like so many are). Good job my dear....very clever.

• Kat

I will.