Ornament Wreath

$25

Hooray for more holiday treats! I am sure you have seen a good ornament wreath before, but why not make one exactly the size and colors that you want? This ornament wreath is not only super customizable, but super easy too! You only need some pool noodles (YES, POOL NOODLES), ornaments, loads of hot glue and dried greenery to create this beauty! Add some lights for a pretty glow and you are seriously set for a nice mantle piece.
SUPPLIES: -2 Pool Noodles -Hot Glue -Duct Tape -Ornaments (LOADS of THEM - I suggest getting several of the large tubs from Wal-Mart... I used 2.5 tubs for a 30" diameter wreath... If you are going smaller you obviously don't need as many) -Dried Greenery (Eucalyptus is a good one to go with) -Battery Powered Lights
STEP 1: Take 2 pool noodles and tape two ends together with duct tape. (Tape liberally)

STEP 2: Shape your noodles into a circle and cut to the size you want your wreath to be. (A bread knife slices right through!) You can use the entire length if you want a gigantic wreath! Once you have the size you want tape the two open ends of the noodles together to enclose the circle.
STEP 3: Hot glue large ornaments to the outside of the noodle ring you have created being sure to give variety to the order.
STEP 4: Hot glue ornaments to the inner edge of the circle in the same manner.
STEP 5: Once the outsides of your noodle are covered it is time to pile ornaments on the top of the noodle to cover up the noodle entirely. You can fill in small spaces with smaller ornaments.
STEP 6: Fill all the cracks and crevices with dried greenery. I used eucalyptus because it lasts. This way I don't have to replace the greens every year. Glue them into place so they don't fall out of place. Make sure to cover up any parts of the noodles that are still showing.
STEP 7: Take a small wired battery powered light strand and wrap it around the ornaments and through the greens.
This thing is honestly better looking than I expected! I love how the lights gleam against the ornaments (not that you can see that as well in a picture, but trust me it's lovely)
I mean this is seriously making me Holiday hungry! I want to bake some cookies or something!
This one is a bit on the fancy side, but I kind of want to make one that is whimsical now! How fun would this be in bright greens, pinks and blues with some craspedia throughout it?!?

How To: Make Hot Glue Placemats + More Crafts Ideas!
Live Life In Color With These Amazing Ideas For Your Home
Hide Your Couch's Wear and Tear With These Great Ideas
Jazz Up Your Bathroom With These 30 Stylish Additions
25 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You SUPER Excited for Christmas

• JoeAnna Taylor
    JoeAnna Taylor

Fantastic job! I will definitely make this + the dollar store had some incredible ornaments, too...I wonder if after hot gluing you could use liquid glue, too and then put the wreath outside?

• Lizzie
      Lizzie

i think it is a great project to do for the outside fence

• Terre Tulsiak
    Terre Tulsiak

Just saw this after Christmas but so great! I'm new to glue guns- are there different temps that won't melt plastic noodle? Also, if you wrap noodle or even spray paint you wouldn't have to fill in every gap- although yours was gorgeous and full, I tend to skimp...

• Karen Zadanski Overmeyer
    Karen Zadanski Overmeyer

When it freezes out, are those ornaments going to snap off??!!!

• Viola Kay Carter Weathersby
      Viola Kay Carter Weathersby

Hot glue pellets that you melt in an electric pot and paint on or apply with a wooden tongue depressor, paint stir stick or similar item are supposed to be weather proof. Haven't tried using a silicon spatula but I believe that would work as an applicator as well. In hot climates this is good on door wreaths where the heat from the sun can cause things to pop off.

• Nina Simmons
    Nina Simmons

Wonderfully done ! It gives me an idea to use ornaments and other miniatures that stick on directly than use hot glue. Thank you for sharing.

• Joanie
    Joanie

It is a very elite lookin' wreath.......Good job!