DIY Driftwood Art - DIY Home Decor Ideas

I needed some beach inspired artwork to finish off my dining room makeover but having no money left over in the budget, I had to get creative! Looking around the apartment for something to use, I found this piece of plywood leftover from a project which was the perfect size, but what to put on it? After looking on Pinterest for some inspiration, I found my answer: Driftwood! It's free and it meant a trip to the beach which I love. So I headed to the shore and after exploring a few beaches, I had my driftwood to get started!
diy driftwood art diy home decor ideas, crafts, home decor
First I arranged my driftwood in a pattern I liked on a piece of plywood I had leftover from another project.
I sanded down the back of the driftwood to give a larger surface to glue. To make sanding easier, I stapled a piece of sand paper to a scrap piece of wood.
Then I used liquid nails to glue the driftwood to the plywood. That's it - very easy!
I love the way it looks in my dining room - it was the perfect complement to the grass cloth on the wall panels I made and it gives me the beachy vibe I wanted. If you want to see more details in this project and the dining room panels, click on the link below to my blog where there's a video of everything I did.

Engineer Your Space

• Mike Williamson

Very nice . Did you use wood glue?

• Engineer Your Space

Thanks! I used liquid nails (I find it less messy than wood glue) but you could use wood glue as well!

• Aud7492923

Did you colour the driftwood at all as in some shots it looks grey and the finished product looks different. It's very nice

• Engineer Your Space

I didn't do anything to the driftwood - it's more the grey color but it looks different because the images come from 2 different cameras