DIY Driftwood Art - DIY Home Decor Ideas

I needed some beach inspired artwork to finish off my dining room makeover but having no money left over in the budget, I had to get creative! Looking around the apartment for something to use, I found this piece of plywood leftover from a project which was the perfect size, but what to put on it? After looking on Pinterest for some inspiration, I found my answer: Driftwood! It's free and it meant a trip to the beach which I love. So I headed to the shore and after exploring a few beaches, I had my driftwood to get started!
First I arranged my driftwood in a pattern I liked on a piece of plywood I had leftover from another project.
I sanded down the back of the driftwood to give a larger surface to glue. To make sanding easier, I stapled a piece of sand paper to a scrap piece of wood.
Then I used liquid nails to glue the driftwood to the plywood. That's it - very easy!
I love the way it looks in my dining room - it was the perfect complement to the grass cloth on the wall panels I made and it gives me the beachy vibe I wanted. If you want to see more details in this project and the dining room panels, click on the link below to my blog where there's a video of everything I did.

15 DIY Projects That Will Make You Say "WOW!"
21 Clever Wind Chimes You Can Make
23 Valentine's Day DIY Ideas That You Don't Want To Miss
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
30 Jewelry Organizing Ideas That Are Better Than a Jewelry Box
Cut Up Some Pallets For These 20 Amazing Ideas
Use Ribbon To Decorate For Christmas With These Last Minute Ideas!
15 Clever Repurposing Ideas That Will Add Some Creativity to Your Home
Step-by-Step Painting Techniques You'll Want to Try!
Get The Outdoor Space You've Always Dreamed Of With These DIY Ideas
Check Out These 30 Incredible Sharpie Makeovers
31 Ways For You To Style Your Garden
Check Out These 15 Beautiful Flower Ideas For Spring
Engineer Your Space

• Mike Williamson

Very nice . Did you use wood glue?

• Engineer Your Space

Thanks! I used liquid nails (I find it less messy than wood glue) but you could use wood glue as well!

• Aud7492923

Did you colour the driftwood at all as in some shots it looks grey and the finished product looks different. It's very nice

• Engineer Your Space

I didn't do anything to the driftwood - it's more the grey color but it looks different because the images come from 2 different cameras