What color should I paint my entryway?

+5
My entryway has a black tile floor and green walls. Should I paint the walls gray?
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Oct 19, 2016
    You do not necessary have to paint with gray.A nice taupe would be a good contrast.I recommend getting paint chips and see what color suits your needs before you paint. Once narrowed down buy color samples and test them out.Color plays different based on lighting and accessories in your home.
  • Betsy Betsy on Oct 19, 2016
    A lot depends on what colour the other walls that you can see from this area are. I would use something low key and neutral, that compliments the other walls and use bright coloured accents on the walls or pillows on chairs, if there are any. If you go to a paint store, (take pictures of the area with you) they can give you recommendations. Not necessarily a hardware store, they aren't really as trained, in my opinion, (no offense) as paint store people as far as coordinating colours. Good luck with your project. And, as a hint, when you are cleaning out your brush and roller, use a hair brush with those plastic bristles with balls on top to brush out your paint brush. Just put some liquid soap on it and brush it like you would your hair, and it will clean up quickly. Roll your roller in the sink and brush it in a circular motion. Put the soap on the roller instead of the brush. You can get these brushes at the dollar store, or use one of your old ones. Be sure to rinse the brush and roller well. Clean up is less than 5 minutes:) And, if you are going to do the painting over a couple of days, wrap the brush and/or roller in plastic, tightly, and they will be ready for the next day.
  • Johnchip Johnchip on Oct 19, 2016
    God gave us green for that which is alive outdoors, it rarely works well inside in large degrees. Black floors call for light walls or you 'sink down'. The amount of light the room gets should help you choose between greys and other neutrals. Think 'which color makes me want a hug', a cheery get up and go hug (brighter tones) or a warm and fuzzy comfort hug (warmer tones)? Thus it is the one that makes you feel most welcome and 'right' in that particular room. Satin finishes give a glow to the room as do hints of pink in the paint color.
  • Colette Colette on Oct 19, 2016
    Mix a little green in with the gray to create your own special color so it really gives you your signature look
  • Dagmar Dagmar on Oct 21, 2016
    It depends what are the other colors in the same room or adjacent room visible from the Entry and what would be the color scheme of those, also how dramatic you wish to go, blend or accent. Black and white (off white) if it suits the other room design.
  • Bar6807391 Bar6807391 on Oct 25, 2016
    White washed the walls