Rustic Twig Chandelier

$0
1-2 Hour

Our Twig Chandelier makes a beautiful Winter and Christmas rustic ceiling decoration. Check out our step by step video to see exactly how we made it!
We live in a Victorian house which is an ongoing project. Consequently, we have a reception room that is still on the to-do list, and needs fairly major work including a new ceiling.
The upside of this is I am allowed to do pretty much what I want in this room, so each year at Christmas time, out comes the staple gun, and the room gets a makeover of Ivy, Holly and anything else that takes my fancy to cover up the large gaps between the walls and ceiling. For the last few years we have had a Twig Chandelier in the centre of the ceiling, it may not be to everyone's taste, but it is a brilliant way to brighten up a less than perfect room, so I thought I would share our video on how we put it together.
I have collected these glass baubles for a few years now (just buying 2 or 3 each January during the sales) but you could make equally lovely ones using the drops off old chandeliers or other glass beads threaded on wire, or even crystal ones that you have grown yourself. If, like I often do, you end up leaving the twigs up as a more permanent feature, they look equally pretty with other decorations on them, such as Easter Eggs, or little felted birds.
Our Twig Chandelier would also make a fabulous addition to a patio area, perhaps using solar lights.

• Branches  (Cut from garden)
  • Fairy Lights  (Had at Home)
  • Glass and Silver Baubles  (Had at Home)

Craft Invaders

• Margo

I am redoing my kitchen and this project just solved the lighting issue.just my style

• Craft Invaders

So excited that I have inspired you Margo, please come back and share some photos of your kitchen when you are done :)

• Becky Partain

This is BEAUTIFUL!!!! Thank you for sharing 💜