How to Make A Butcher Paper Grocery List

Ever since I watched the Beanstalk Bungalow episode of Fixer Upper and saw the butcher paper grocery list hanging in the kitchen, I knew I had to have one for myself. Having a dedicated space to jot down items is incredibly convenient. Forget the sticky notes and other loose paper scraps and make yourself a handy (and super adorable!) hanging grocery list.
You just need a wooden board, a wooden dowel, two knobs or pulls, a roll of butcher paper, a few screws, and your choice of paint and/or stain.
I assembled the base by screwing the back piece into the sides. Then, I drilled a hole in each side piece so the dowel could slide into it. A layer of stain and paint later and I'm ready to hang the base!
I grabbed my level and screwed the base into the wall, making sure to sink at least two of them into the studs. This thing is heavy!
Voila! I slid the dowel through the butcher paper roll and onto the base, securing the knobs onto each end.
I can't tell you how convenient this list has been! When I'm ready to head to the store I just snap a photo of the lit with my phone and off I go! I love how perfectly farmhouse it looks mounted on my DIY Shiplap Wall.
If you're looking for more farmhouse inspired DIYs, check out my Canvas Measuring Tape Growth Chart.

15 Totally Doable Makeover Ideas You Can Finish In One Day
25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year
15 Genius Hacks to Keep Pests Away
Hometalk's Top 20 DIY Crafts For Kids
15 Clever Ways To Repurpose Old Light Bulbs
15 Amazing Craft Projects That You Can Do Under 15 Minutes
Turn A Cake Pan Into A Shelf + More Clever Repurposing Ideas!
25 Decor Ideas That Will Add Some Spring to Your Home
Super Cool Painting Techniques You've Probably Never Seen!
Spring Cleaning Tricks for the Kitchen
Copy One Of These Lovely Lattice Ideas For Your Home
Update Your Plain Dishes With These Adorable Ideas
15 Unconventional Ways To Use A Tomato Cage
Sarah Cook