Unique Luggage Tag Map Burlap Pillows

These are no ordinary pillows. Not only are they a bit of fun and look great but they can be personalized by putting your own details on the luggage tag.
I made one for myself with my details and another as a Christmas gift for my sister in law, with her name and her favourite city as the destination.
unique luggage tag map burlap pillows, crafts, home decor
The other great thing about these pillows are they are relatively cheap to make as they are made primarily with cheap burlap and just a small amount of map fabric.
All you need is some Burlap fabric (under 1/2 yard) and map fabric (1/4 yard)
Large curtain grommets/eyelets (optional)
Black sharpie
Plastic letter stencil click here to see
Scrap rope
Needle and thread
Fiber fill
First draw and cut out a luggage tag template the size you want the pillow.
Use this template to cut out one full burlap pillow side and the other side half burlap and map fabric. Which you will need to sew together.
Before sewing your pillow together you will need to write out your luggage tag. This is the fun part, just use a black sharpie and your letter stencil.
When done sew your 2 pillow sides right sides together, leaving a gap for filling with the fibre fill. You can either use a sewing machine or stitch by hand.
Turn your pillow right sides out and before stuffing you will need to add the eyelet grommet (see the blog for details).
Stuff your pillow and stitch up the gap and then add the rope.
If you liked this map project then you might want to see my Personalized map chairs click here to see them

• Burlap
  • Map fabirc
Claire at Pillarboxblue

• Becca Hess

I noted the "matching" map on the suitcase...how did you get it on there? My luggage is the soft sided style, and thought, what a great way to identify my luggage when traveling through airports!

• Sue c.

To Claire- I adore this idea and will use it on a tote instead. Just love the idea, girl!

• Katherine Smith

How big is the finished pillow?