Cutting Edge Stencils
Cutting Edge Stencils
  • Ramsey, NJ

Curbside Table Makeover

We'd like you to welcome back Janna , one of the Cutting Edge Stencils owners and a creative DIYer. Janna and her husband Greg stumbled upon a wooden table sitting curbside on their way to the office. Rather than leave it for trash, they picked it up and decided to give it a makeover using our stencils for furniture.
curbside table makeover, home decor, home improvement, painted furniture, rustic furniture
Let's walk through the steps for completing this project. Here is what the table looked like when they found it sitting curbside.
The first thing they did was repair the top. Greg sanded down the old wood and used wood glue to hold it together.
After the tabletop was prepped and ready to go, Janna decided to use one of our new Mandala Stencils for this fun project, the Prosperity Mandala Stencil.
With her opulent Mandala pattern in hand she was ready for the fun part, stenciling! Janna carefully taped the stencil down using blue painter’s tape.
Janna made sure she brushed off any excess paint on a piece of paper towel. Too much paint will cause the design to bleed. She painted the detailed Mandala design with Plaster Paint Simple White using a dense foam roller. Janna made sure she covered the entire design with paint before she removed the pattern.
Once it was complete, she carefully removed the stencil from the left corner of the table and repositioned to paint the opposite right corner. Then she stepped back to admire the beautiful pattern. Are you ready to see how it all turned out? Here is Janna’s Mandala stenciled coffee table.
This luxurious pattern certainly adds character and charm to a once roadside table.

To see more: http://www.cuttingedgestencils.com/prosperity-mandala-stencil-yoga-mandala-stencils-designs.html

• 4554290

I just love your table, looks fabulous! I love the painting on the wall too. Did you make it? I'd like to make one similar to that for my office.
  • Holly

I absolutely love this project. Can it be done by using dollar tree paper dollies as a stencil?

• Shai Powell

Yep! Just do the dry paint method. It takes longer but you’ll still get the same results.

• Mansi Khant

Did u polish after paint? I mean is this paint long lasting?

• Valerie

I love the idea how OOPoouo

• LAURA

Love this and I have a coffee table in need of some updating love. thank you