Anne Marie Morris
Anne Marie Morris
  • Panama City, FL

Miniature Gardening

Good morning Hometalk...this is my first post...so bear with me. I have a great luv of container miniature gardens and have created about 10 the past couple of years. I wanted to share my newest fairy garden...hope u enjoy...
The finished garden. All of the plants used except the fern, flower...even the miniature violet.
This is the  thyme cottoneaster tree I used as the centerpiece. It gets red berries in the winter and teeny tiny pinkish white blooms in the spring.
This is the thyme cottoneaster tree I used as the centerpiece. It gets red berries in the winter and teeny tiny pinkish white blooms in the spring.
So many cute accessories...don't think I could have crammed another thing in. Do u see the fairy?
It's the small things...how true...
It's the small things...how true...

• Joy Smith

How do you keep the plants from taking over the gardens? Is there a lot of trimming involved? I adore these....they are so cool.

• Anne Marie Morris

Good morning Joy. I purchase true miniature plants. But u have to be careful of the potting materials...I used miracle gro potting soil once and whew...got some pretty big miniatures. I trim the trees in the fall and deadhead the flowering plants.