JEWELRY ORGANIZING

I have had every kind of jewelry box, jewelry tree and jewelry organizer that you can think of. None of them ever work! Necklaces are the worse. They are always getting tangled up to the point were I do not even want to wear any because it is such a hassle to untangle them! But then I found a few bags of these bad boys at the thrift store.
I actually had a lovely farmhouse window mirror that I attached some curtain pull backs to that I hung all my necklaces on. It was better, but still it was a pain to get one off. I needed something better. I need shower curtain hooks.
Now before you go dashing out and buy some I want to show you there is a difference in these hooks. You can see that hook number 1 has a smaller curve at the top of it, as opposed to number 2 with the larger diameter at the top. My curtain pull backs were pretty thick and the smaller kind would not sit on them properly. So be careful when you are buying these that you get the right size.
This is how it looks when it is all organized and it stays that way. I can pull off one necklace and do not need to fight with all the rest.
I even have my bracelets and a few of my rings hanging off the shower curtain hooks. I only hang one or 2 pieces on each shower curtain hook and it works great!
You can adapt this idea to any concept you like. If you want to mount your hooks on a piece of driftwood or old picket fencing or a picture frame. Choose whatever suits your style. Just don't forget the shower curtain hooks! It has saved me from many a headache.

3 Easy Ways to Make The Cutest Coasters for Your House
Cuddling Up At Home With A Bottle Of Wine? Then Try These Projects!
15 Ways to Spice up Your Floors
Live Life In Color With These Amazing Ideas For Your Home
The Wonderful Things You Can Make With...Paper!
15 Simple Projects Under 30 Min To Get You Ready For The Spring Season
Use Your Old Corks For These 25 Clever Ideas
20 Ways To Make Your Own Personalized Clock
3 Simple Green Ways To Clean In Your Home
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
KAT

• Jwi8091534

Where do you buy the bigger rounded hooks? All you ever see are the smaller ones....

• Muriel Healy

I also use these for bird feeders hangers. The squirrels can't knock them off!

• Coni

This gives me a great idea for organizing my numerous necklaces that are currently hanging on a pegboard. This method will take up much less space and will be installed on the back of a door. Thank you so much for posting this and for pointing out the difference in shower hooks :-)
    • Coni

Ah, yes...more jewelry. I have a fix for that. For me, my jewelry coordinates with my wardrobe; if I limit/pare down my clothing, then I do the same with my jewelry. BTW, your tip is by far the very best I've seen...TY again.

• Lyn Buerger

I started doing this a few years back for craft fairs. Necklaces tend to get tangled and no matter how careful I was it took time to straighten them. After putting a few items on the hook I can roll them in tissue and add another and roll the tissue, etc. When I get to the show they are easy to hang on the hooks. Not saying what they look like after the show and people have tangled them while looking....but that's another problem.