Upcycle Glass Bottles Into Beautiful Beachy Vases!

$10

You'd be surprised how easy it is to transform some discarded glass bottles into beautiful beachy vases using just a few simple supplies!
I used fine sand from our local beach, but you can buy it HERE too and the sand is easily applied using ModPodge (affiliate).
The sand gets sprinkled evenly over the ModPodge around the whole bottle. Do as many coats as needed to get the coverage you like, finishing with a coat of ModPodge as the final one to seal the sand on.
My bottles still needed a little oomph so I wrapped the necks of them with some twine and glued on some small sand dollars, but you can also add more twine, shells, or anything else you'd like.
I was so surprised at how well the ModPodge and sand adhered to the bottles and am in love with how well they came out! You can use all shapes and sizes of bottles or jars and is a quick project that can be done in a day. It's even a great project to do with the kiddos!
You can find a full supply list, more photos, and even more project ideas at the blog post below!

Emily @ Table & Hearth

• Sou5398032

Love the look but how do you dust/clean the bottles. I would think dust would adhere over time. Annette

• Chris

have you ever done glitter on wine bottles before and if so how well does the glitter stay on when you handle the bottles?

• Debby Russell Musgrave

Would the sand and modge podge adhere to metal? I have two lamps I would like to do this to.

• Pepper

.Just started redo on bathroom these will be great. I have white sand from Novia Scotia ive been wantibg to do something I with. Thanks
  • Heather Keller

Yes! I am a beach girl living 3 hrs away! Lots of glass, a sandy river near by. And the comments about covering glass lamps, I have pink! I'd love to cover with your idea!!