Upcycle Glass Bottles Into Beautiful Beachy Vases!

$10

You'd be surprised how easy it is to transform some discarded glass bottles into beautiful beachy vases using just a few simple supplies!
upcycle glass bottles into beautiful beachy vases , cleaning tips, crafts, decoupage, home decor, outdoor living
I used fine sand from our local beach, but you can buy it HERE too and the sand is easily applied using ModPodge (affiliate).
The sand gets sprinkled evenly over the ModPodge around the whole bottle. Do as many coats as needed to get the coverage you like, finishing with a coat of ModPodge as the final one to seal the sand on.
My bottles still needed a little oomph so I wrapped the necks of them with some twine and glued on some small sand dollars, but you can also add more twine, shells, or anything else you'd like.
I was so surprised at how well the ModPodge and sand adhered to the bottles and am in love with how well they came out! You can use all shapes and sizes of bottles or jars and is a quick project that can be done in a day. It's even a great project to do with the kiddos!
You can find a full supply list, more photos, and even more project ideas at the blog post below!
Emily @ Table & Hearth

• Kandie

Fantastic creation..so bright colored sands would be good too?..maybe like an ombre effect!!! They are nice...

• Cri5535732

I have dyed sand with food color. I have even mixed food colors to get a custom shade. I put my hand in a sandwich bag and needed the sand.
      I did this several times until I had the desired shade.

• Sou5398032

Love the look but how do you dust/clean the bottles. I would think dust would adhere over time. Annette

• Crf15525125

have you ever done glitter on wine bottles before and if so how well does the glitter stay on when you handle the bottles?

• Marcia

This is a great idea, I'am going to try this on and old lamp base.

• Pepper

.Just started redo on bathroom these will be great. I have white sand from Novia Scotia ive been wantibg to do something I with. Thanks