How to Transform Mason Jars Into Seaglass!

$20

We needed some storage for necessities in our light and coastal guest bathroom and I recently got some of this super cool seaglass spraypaint (click this affiliate link for the one I used) so I eyed my ever-growing stash of mason jars and got an idea!
I've always seen little vintage jars with shells on top in boutiques and thought I could recreate that look on a larger scale with jars that can store things too. So I dug in my stash and pulled out some larger shells, coral, and barnacles to go on the jars.
Then, I sprayed my jars with a couple light coats of the seaglass spraypaint. How cool is this stuff?! It looks exactly like seaglass!
I then hot-glued the shells to the mason jar lids (put the ring on first!) and painted the lids with some vintage metallic paint I had then just screwed them on the painted jars.
I also used some glass etching cream to make some clear seaglass-look jars as well. This was such an easy and fun project and I can't wait to use the seaglass spraypaint on all kinds of other things now!
See the full source list as well as more pictures at the blog post linked below!

Emily @ Table & Hearth

• Ray10889950

What brand and where do yo buy sea glass color paint ?

• Aiokersonalicea1

for those who want to use the mod pod with food coloring need to refer to another project on this site where you bake the mason jars after they've been coated with the modge podge and food coloring.
  • Debbi

Some of your jars look so white. That's what I was going for but the Krylon sea glass paint in the color "ice" turned out almost lavender for me. What color did you use for the truly white jars? Thanks so much.
    • Trinity Faith

To do the white jars she used a chemical etching cream for glass.

• Jo

So you painted the hot glue the same color as the lid?