Help Me Paint: How to Repaint but Keep Expensive Stencils?

+11
Our kitchen is very large and when we bought, whole house was pure white except for stencils (sorry picture quality isn't great). The stencil was hand done and cost almost $1000 in 2002. (Found receipt with appliance manuals that the owner left.) It's very well done; each hydrangea has hand painted strokes along with stenciling. It's Sherwin Williams paint, not crayon stuff that comes in kits and bleeds thru when painted.
White walls need to be repainted and I'm sick of the gold. Since kitchen is large, must be light color (I'm thinking Benjamin Moore Monterey White used above chair rail in adjacent dining room.
I have patience and skills to get very close to the bottom of the stencils. I don't want to lose them, but I don't want the transition so that it doesn't look like I just ignored top 8 inches of wall. Any Ideas? Especially glazing: I am thinking clear glaze with just a bit of color, but I have no experience at all with glazing. Please help. The stencils are the one part of decor of home that I like. Thanks!!!
help me paint how to repaint but keep expensive stencils, painting, Sorry for quality not used to inside pic Kitchen and hallway 38 feet long hall 6 ft wide cooking and eating areas both 15 feet wide I don t mind glaze to mute stencils but don t want to give them up Thanks
Sorry for quality; not used to inside pic. Kitchen and hallway: 38-feet long; hall 6-ft wide; cooking and eating areas both 15-feet wide. I don't mind glaze to mute stencils, but don't want to give them up. Thanks.