Christmas Tree Pallet

$20

Though I'm not a winter lover, a snow lover, or any kind of cold lover, I DO love Christmas time. Just the coziness of the season, the love and kindness, the true meaning of it, and just being with family gives me the feel-goods inside. Part of my love for Christmas is of course the decor. Who doesn't love decorating for an awesome DIY Christmas?! I'm super happy to add this inexpensive and easy project to my decor this year! I had all supplies on hand so this project was 100% FREE to make...gotta love it! :)
SUPPLIES: -pallet -string of Christmas lights -Behr exterior paint (I used the color called Cozy Cottage.) -paint brush -stapler (Note: Mine decided to stop working when I started this project so I ended up using my staple gun.) -ornaments and accessories of choice Not pictured: -scrap piece of pallet wood
STEP 1: Paint pallet You don't necessarily have to do this step but I wanted to be able to see my Christmas tree even when it wasn't lit so I first painted my pallet with a vintage white paint. I wanted a weathered look so I did a white wash method--not painting the pallet solid.

STEP 2: Attach lights Next, as I mentioned in my supplies list, I attempted to use an industrial stapler but it decided to stop working so I grabbed my staple gun to get the job done.
I started at the top, being mindful to carefully pull away one of the three tiny strands and staple it so as not to staple through the wire. Be creative with this part--if your strand of lights is super long, you can make fuller zigzags. I went from left-to-right with my pattern, stapling along the way.
STEP 3: Hang ornaments and accessories, add "trunk" After my lights were up, I stapled a big flower to the top (you can add a star if you want but I'm more of an angel girl and was working with what I had on hand), hung ornaments on the lights and stapled a scrap piece of pallet wood to the bottom for the trunk of my tree. *Note: if you're using an industrial stapler for this project, you won't be able to use it for the trunk so just grab a hammer and a few nails to attach it.
I love this little country/rustic Christmas tree. Sometimes less is more and simple is classy. If you have room inside your home, you can lean it up against your wall over your fireplace, or just lean it outside your house like I did mine.
This project will definitely spruce up the holiday spirit in your home decor!

3 Weird Step-by-Step Ways to Decorate Your Plain Tea Towels
Make Your Kitchen Beautiful With These 15 Inexpensive Ideas
The Wonderful Things You Can Make With...Paper!
29 Ways To Get A Splash Of Blue In Your House
Add A Hint Of Farmhouse Style In Your Home With These Ideas

• Kim Subrod
    Kim Subrod

Where do you get pallets?

• Kevin
      Kevin

i see pallets in the dumpster on the side of the road all over the place look in the garbage think "trash to treasure"

Kevin

• Paulette Woods
    Paulette Woods

How did it cost $20,she said she had everything on hand

• Connie Jo
      Connie Jo

I'd say that's what her materials would cost we, who don't have those things on hand.

• Elizabeth Burrows
    Elizabeth Burrows

Did you use alkaline batteries - freezeing weather kills them quickly. Big D batteries don't last wll outside. Ions are costly but last - check the www.
    • Pauletta Sanders
      Pauletta Sanders

The lights pictured in the supplies are electrical. You can see the plug on them.

• Wendy
    Wendy

You did a fantastic job.

• Betty
    Betty

Very impressive. Even I could make something good. Great imagination.