DIY Christmas Decorations From Recycled Water Bottles

$0

Ok so this is my second post .As I have recently moved countries, this year for Christmas I have decided to make most of my Christmas decorations from recycled materials without spending money. This project will make 2 individual ornaments using just 2 water bottles and some trimmings.
I started with 2 empty water bottles and cut the tops off where they start to taper at the neck.
Don't throw these parts away as they can be used for the second project.
On the body of one of the bottles I cut both sides to make 2 tabs. The cut is a little larger than the width of the bottle.
Next I taped the "tabbed"bottle to the bottom of the second bottle to make a foot shape. At this point you could paper mache and then paint or perhaps wrap in bandages and decorate with spiders etc to make a cool looking mummy's foot or superman or batman boots for a birthday party., It's up to the imagination. But as I am doing Christmas and using things around the house, I used the sleeve of a red sweater.
I inserted the bottle foot into a sleeve and tucked the cuff under and glued it. Then I stapled the top part of the sleeve and bottle. Staple flat side on the inside so as little hands cant be hurt.
Using part of the left over side I cut and painted a buckle shape for the trimmings. I used black elastic for the belt and sole of the shoe as that is what I had on hand, but it can be done with many things.
This is the finished product. I added some fur trim off of an old costume my daughter had and done!
Fill with lollies, trinkets, decorations or plants etc and enjoy.Of course you could personalise it with a name tag for the kids or as a gift. :)
Now back to the top parts of the bottle. First I taped the pieces together to shape a bauble.
I punched a hole into each of the caps.
Insert a ribbon loop into the hole on the cap and tied off to create the hanger. Then I decorated using paper and homemade mod podge, ribbons etc..
Here is one made from smaller bottles and decorated with twine and flowers.

• 2 Water bottles (per boot and bauble)
  • Tape, paint, ribbons, papers, fur trim etc
  • Sweater

These Amazing Vase Ideas Will Blow Your Guests Away!
15 Stencil Patterns You'll Wish You'd Seen Sooner
Get Ready For The Baseball Season With These Great Projects
Do You Want to Make Over a Room in Your Home & Add Gorgeous Built-Ins?
3 Gorgeous Decor Projects In The Oh-So-Chic Geometric Style
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
15 Perfectly Round Tables
Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
3 Gorgeous Ideas to Use Photo Frames - and Not for Pictures!
Upgrade Your Backyard With These 30 Clever Ideas
30 Amazing Ways To Organize Your Shoes
25 Ways You Can Be an Artist - With No Experience Necessary!
30 Creative Painting Techniques & Ideas You MUST See

• Barbara

What kind of glue did you use on your trimmings?

• Kaye

Hi , the lady above (Doris) asked about the tabs cut for the Atlanta boot but you reply to her wasn't shown on my new could you please show or tell me. I would love to make these also
  • Paulette Stark

How can I keep receiving Hometalk. I haven't had any post for months PAULIVILLE@AOL.COM

• Carol

I really love the blue ornament! You are so very clever. Great job Candy!

• Divababiexoxo

Those Santas boots are adorable! You're so clever in your upusing of items already in your home! The ornaments are adorable too! Great post. Good job!