How to Make a Tomato Cage Ghost

$2.00

Have you seen the Ghost made from a tomato cage idea floating around the internet? (heh heh – floating)
My flowerbed had a blank area that needed a little something to complete our Halloween decorations but didn't want to spend much money. Then while playing in the backyard my daughter and I decided to use our tomato cages to make some sort of decoration. We settled on a ghost and went to Walmart this weekend for the only money I spent on this little project – $2 for a yard of white fabric.
First, the tomato cage was turned upside down and a cleaned gallon jug was turned upside down and tied to the three prongs by the jug's handle.
Next I tied one corner of an old sheer curtain to the cage. Then I put the curtain over the gallon jug and adjusted the curtain to be centered.
Now one side had this big opening so I tied one corner to the tomato cage. Then tucked the other corner behind that and tied it to the tomato cage so that one side is overlapping the other.
Now I put the $2 yard of fabric on top and marked where to draw the eyes and mouth. I took this fabric back off and used a permanent marker for these. Then put the fabric back on and attached the top fabric to the curtain with safety pins.
This was one of the easiest crafts to make and only cost $2. It also visually fills up a good amount of space for the front yard decorations. If you are looking for last minute Halloween decorations, then this might be perfect!

• Fabric
  • Tomato Cage
  • Permanent Marker

Get The Party Started With These Perfect DIY Decor Ideas
13 DIY Projects That Scream Canada
15 Ways To Upcycle And Create More Storage At The Same Time
Step-by-Step Painting Techniques You'll Want to Try!
15 Kitchen DIY Ideas That Will Come In Handy
31 Ways For You To Style Your Garden
Hide Your Couch's Wear and Tear With These Great Ideas
31 Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
21 Ways To Use Those Pickle Jars You've Been Saving
18 Wintery Wreath Ideas That You'll Want To Make For Your Home
Do You Want to Make Over a Room in Your Home & Add Gorgeous Built-Ins?
29 Ways To Get A Splash Of Blue In Your House
Cindy

• MB Summers

What else could you use if you don't have an old shear curtain lying around?

• Annmarie

You can use a old white sheet. Walmart has one sheer panels for very cheap.

• Gina Ryker

Why did you use the sheer below the material and it isn't listed under materials, did you make any without the sheer underneath the material.

• Sharon Lynn Puckett

Did u paint the face on ? Or did u use stickers?? BTW great job

• Virgie Saraesqui

Thank you Cindy for this great idea, will do this with my grand-kids as well as the idea from Terry and Rhonda!!

• Shelley

I had an old white sheet that I used. Didn’t have to buy material.

• Cindy

Awesome! Reusing things from around my house for fun projects make me so happy! :)