Manual Push Mower for Small Yard Maintenance

When I (Steph) moved into my house 3 years ago I quickly realized I needed to figure out how to take care of my lawn. I had three options:
1. Pay for the neighborhood lawn care.
2. Get a gas powered lawn mower (I had used this kind in the past and never had good luck with them).
3. Figure out how to mow the lawn without a gas powered mower.
manual push mower for small yard maintenance, gardening, how to, lawn care, outdoor living, tools
Mom found a reel mower (manual push mower) at a yard sale and brought it to me to try out. I was not sure this "old fashion" mower would do the job, but I was really surprised at how well it worked. I also invested in a manual edger. Look below for some pictures of these tools in action!
Watch the video
The mower is very easy to push and glides well.
I pick up sticks and pinecones before I mow so they don't get stuck in the mower.
I found this Radius Garden 206 PRO Ergonomic Stainless Steel Edger on Amazon. It works by pushing down at the edge of the lawn with your foot.
You can really see the difference when you blow away the cut blades of grass.
I have been using these tools for 3 years and they have worked out well. We are interested in trying some battery powered lawn tools in the future to compare them.
​If you have a small yard like me, these tools might be a great solution for you. They are eco-friendly and very quiet which is a plus!

• Reel Mower  (Yard Sale)
  • Radius Garden 206 PRO Ergonomic Stainless Steel Edger  (Amazon)
  • Ryobi Leaf Blower  (Home Depot)

Mother Daughter Projects