Our New Home Color Palette

We are officially MOVING and I could not be more thrilled! It is definitely bitter sweet for us to say goodbye to our first house where we brought both our babies home, tackled countless DIYs, and made it our home together. With that being said, however, we are so excited to move on to our “forever” home and start making it our own!
our new home color palette, home decor, home improvement, paint colors, painting
Even when moving is not on my agenda, I’m obsessing over paint colors – so now that we actually NEED to paint, it’s all I can think about!
I like to keep my entire house coordinated, while still giving everyone their own personality in their own spaces, so here’s the color palette I’ve come up with for our entire house:
1.) Sherwin-Williams Storm Cloud
2.) Sherwin-Williams Liveable Green
3.) Sherwin-Williams Light French Gray
4.) Sherwin-Williams Sleepy Blue
5.) Sherwin Williams Naval
I am really happy with it (that’s not to say it won’t change over the next month) but I think I’ve got it pretty much locked down. Here’s my basic plan:
Downstairs
Kitchen, Family Room, Living Room: SW Light French Gray
Powder Room: SW Sleepy Blue
Laundry Room/Mud Room: SW Naval
We are doing white trim, white molding and white doors throughout our entire house. Our kitchen cabinets in the new house are currently birch – I was contemplating painting them white, but I do like the pop of wood – so we’re going to leave them (for now). Our laundry room/mud room is HUGE and also has birch cabinets and this AMAZING birch mudroom cubby/bench storage solution that I am in L-O-V-E with!
Upstairs
The upstairs has 4 bedrooms (one will be a playroom), a hallway bath and a master bath. We are replacing all the doors, closet doors and trim and making it all white. We are adding some crown molding to add some character and charm. Here’s my plan for the upstairs color palette:
Master Bedroom, My Son’s Bedroom: SW Sleepy Blue
Hallway Bathroom, Master Bathroom, My Daughter’s Room: SW Liveable Green
Playroom: SW Storm Cloud
Upstairs Hallway: SW Light French Gray
Now that I’ve picked some paint colors, it’s on to styling every room! I cannot WAIT to get into our new home, and start getting to work!
The Cofran Home