Get the Stink Out of Trunks and Antiques!

One of the number one questions I get asked is how do you get the smellout of trunks. Moth balls and musty odours. Well, there are a number of ways, including baking sodas, cleaners, airing it for months outside, crumpled newspapers, etc etc etc, however, one method I found useful was using charcoal. People suggested I use charcoal, cover it and leave it to absorb, but the bits and powders were messy. I discovered though, that aquarium supply stores, and pet stores have activated charcoal pads that do a great, if not better job at absorbing the smells. Simply purchase one - for maybe $6.00 max, place it inside your trunk, close it an leave it. If the smell is over powering, you may want to swap it out after a week. It doesn't take too too long, and works fabulously! I hope it helps!
get the stink out of trunks and antiques, cleaning tips, The pads up close and personal
The pads up close and personal
get the stink out of trunks and antiques, cleaning tips, The activated charcoal in original form The pads are much cleaner and easier to deal with
The activated charcoal in original form. The pads are much cleaner and easier to deal with.

Questions on this post

Your question...

Comments

2 of 24 comments
Next