Declutter Kitchen Countertop With A Curtain Rod

$10

I don't know about you, but I can't stand clutter on my counters, especially in my small apartment kitchen. As much as I love looking at pictures of my family while cooking I needed a solution to get things up and off the counter.

I started my project at Target. I found a simple curtain rod that is long enough for my counter (I recommend measuring before shopping ) and two command hooks that hold over 3 pounds. I also chose hooks that match the finish of the rod.

Next, I measured the placement for the two command hooks and hung the rod at my desired height.

Ready to tackle your closet organization next? Learn More about Hometalk's new online group workshop!

Using s-hooks I arranged my usual countertop items - k-cups, mugs, pictures and my little plant. I had to remove the decorative ends on my rod because of the lack of space between the rod and wall. If you don't live in an apartment and can make as many holes in your wall as you want, then you could screw in the normal hooks included to hang the rod.

It's as easy as that! I love that I can change out the items on the rod; adding more mugs or pictures. This would also be awesome for hanging herbs for an easy reach when cooking. If you are an apartment dweller with little cabinet space, this is a must have! This post is inspired by: Judy

27 Wonderful Ways You Can Use Scrapbooking Paper
25 Decor Ideas That Will Add Some Spring to Your Home
15 Bathroom Upgrades That You Can Totally DIY

• Shirley Rush
    Shirley Rush

Love this idea. I going try this in my crafting room to help organize things. Thanks for sharing.❤

• Vee
    Vee

I love your coffee maker what is the brand. I never seen a white one.

• Christine Sable
      Christine Sable

Yes it’s a Keurig. Different models are available in different colors. You may have to go online to order.

• Selina Waugh
    Selina Waugh

The front of my home is red brick and birds are constantly chipping it away. What can I do to stop them from doing this?

• Pretty Heart
    Pretty Heart

What a creative idea!! I love it.

Thx for sharing.

• Judy63
    Judy63

I like this idea seems I always have to much clutter on my counter thank you for sharing I am going to try this