Declutter Kitchen Countertop With A Curtain Rod

$10

I don't know about you, but I can't stand clutter on my counters, especially in my small apartment kitchen. As much as I love looking at pictures of my family while cooking I needed a solution to get things up and off the counter.

I started my project at Target. I found a simple curtain rod that is long enough for my counter (I recommend measuring before shopping ) and two command hooks that hold over 3 pounds. I also chose hooks that match the finish of the rod.

Next, I measured the placement for the two command hooks and hung the rod at my desired height.

Ready to tackle your closet organization next? Learn More about Hometalk's new online group workshop!

Using s-hooks I arranged my usual countertop items - k-cups, mugs, pictures and my little plant. I had to remove the decorative ends on my rod because of the lack of space between the rod and wall. If you don't live in an apartment and can make as many holes in your wall as you want, then you could screw in the normal hooks included to hang the rod.

It's as easy as that! I love that I can change out the items on the rod; adding more mugs or pictures. This would also be awesome for hanging herbs for an easy reach when cooking. If you are an apartment dweller with little cabinet space, this is a must have! This post is inspired by: Judy

This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

15 Easy & Colorful DIY Projects For Your Home
20 Easy Projects To Help You Get Ready For Easter
32 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
Hide Your Couch's Wear and Tear With These Great Ideas
15 DIY Projects That Will Make You Say "WOW!"
15 Bathroom Upgrades That You Can Totally DIY
Spring Cleaning Tricks for the Kitchen

• Shirley Rush
    Shirley Rush

Love this idea. I going try this in my crafting room to help organize things. Thanks for sharing.❤

• Kathy
      Kathy

Great idea for the craft room!! Thanks so much!!

• Vee
    Vee

I love your coffee maker what is the brand. I never seen a white one.

• Christine Sable
      Christine Sable

Yes it’s a Keurig. Different models are available in different colors. You may have to go online to order.

• Selina Waugh
    Selina Waugh

The front of my home is red brick and birds are constantly chipping it away. What can I do to stop them from doing this?

• Judy63
    Judy63

I like this idea seems I always have to much clutter on my counter thank you for sharing I am going to try this

• Donna B
    Donna B

My kitchen is tiny, no counter space! I am doing this tomorrow! Thank you for this wonderful idea!!