Declutter Kitchen Countertop With A Curtain Rod

$10

I don't know about you, but I can't stand clutter on my counters, especially in my small apartment kitchen. As much as I love looking at pictures of my family while cooking I needed a solution to get things up and off the counter.

I started my project at Target. I found a simple curtain rod that is long enough for my counter (I recommend measuring before shopping ) and two command hooks that hold over 3 pounds. I also chose hooks that match the finish of the rod.

Next, I measured the placement for the two command hooks and hung the rod at my desired height.

Ready to tackle your closet organization next? Learn More about Hometalk's new online group workshop!

Using s-hooks I arranged my usual countertop items - k-cups, mugs, pictures and my little plant. I had to remove the decorative ends on my rod because of the lack of space between the rod and wall. If you don't live in an apartment and can make as many holes in your wall as you want, then you could screw in the normal hooks included to hang the rod.

It's as easy as that! I love that I can change out the items on the rod; adding more mugs or pictures. This would also be awesome for hanging herbs for an easy reach when cooking. If you are an apartment dweller with little cabinet space, this is a must have! This post is inspired by: Judy

• Fuzz

Cool idea!!

• Helen

Where did you find command hooks that are silver? I can only find white!

• Pur48134767

Looks like there is a ribbon or small rope/string tied to the back of the picture. Maybe through the sawtooth hanger or thumb tack?

• Katie Raye Rose

Such a great Idea!

I’ve done this too, by my stove to hold my measure cups, and other high use items.

I’ve also done this on my photo walls to hang different decorations and photos. magnetic ones on the front of fridge with metal curtain clips to display kids art and around my metal filing cabinet.

• Tara Koritnik

I used a tension curtain rod bought at the Family Dollar Store and hung it in my laundry room cabinet to hang cleaning products. Had more room to set the ones on the shelf. Works great. Make sure you get the right diameter to hold the spray bottles.

• Kelly Wright

I have to tell you, this is quite clever, although I did the same thing, in 2002!!

May I suggest using a sturdy tension rod, for the space under the oven hood - no other hardware needed!