Kara S.
Kara S.
  • Hometalk Team
  • Houston, TX

Declutter Kitchen Countertop With A Curtain Rod

$10

I don't know about you, but I can't stand clutter on my counters, especially in my small apartment kitchen. As much as I love looking at pictures of my family while cooking I needed a solution to get things up and off the counter.

declutter kitchen countertop with a curtain rod, countertops, home decor, kitchen design, organizing, window treatments

I started my project at Target. I found a simple curtain rod that is long enough for my counter (I recommend measuring before shopping ) and two command hooks that hold over 3 pounds. I also chose hooks that match the finish of the rod.

Next, I measured the placement for the two command hooks and hung the rod at my desired height.

Ready to tackle your closet organization next? Learn More about Hometalk's new online group workshop!

Using s-hooks I arranged my usual countertop items - k-cups, mugs, pictures and my little plant. I had to remove the decorative ends on my rod because of the lack of space between the rod and wall. If you don't live in an apartment and can make as many holes in your wall as you want, then you could screw in the normal hooks included to hang the rod.

It's as easy as that! I love that I can change out the items on the rod; adding more mugs or pictures. This would also be awesome for hanging herbs for an easy reach when cooking. If you are an apartment dweller with little cabinet space, this is a must have! This post is inspired by: Judy

• Mary

I have the same problem! Your idea is pure genius! Thank you!❤️🌹

• Fuzz

Cool idea!!

• Helen

Where did you find command hooks that are silver? I can only find white!

• Sherri Roll

I've also had issues with command hooks until I started preparing the area properly. First I wash the area with soap & water then I go over the spots where the command strips will go and wipe with alcohol on a cotton ball. Making sure not to leave any cotton particles behind. Then peel & stick. Let the hook set at least 24 hours before adding weight. Your command hooks should last until you remove them!

• Michelle

Great idea

Looks really nice

Thank you for sharing

• Kiki
    Yesterday

This is such a smart idea. I am going to ya this idea in our camper! Thanks for sharing.