A Fun Halloween Wreath Made From a Tube

$0

I love making wreaths and I also love to repurpose. And when I say repurpose I mean I love to repurpose. I cannot stand to have anything in the house just taking up space. Case in point, this tubing that you see below. I don't even know how it ended up in the house, maybe it was left over from another project. Well, I certainly wasn't going to let it go to waste.
The first step in making a wreath was to secure the tubing. I did this with a cable tie.
I then added fabric to the wreath to cover the tie and also some red fabric to decorate it. And finally, some sparkly fabric to give it a little something extra. These were all fabric scraps that I had in my stash. We are not looking for perfection here.
Now I needed to give a focal point to the wreath so I added two Barbie ball paddles that I had repurposed with blackboard paint. And I painted an old cracked wooden spoon to look like a ghost.
The paddles are so versatile. You can use them for any holiday or purpose since all you have to do is wipe them clean and write on them with chalk. Here I have made two ghost faces. But if you turn them over there is a surprise, to see what is on the other side of the paddles go here.
And I have my wreath. It is far from a traditional Halloween wreath but I have been using red in my decor for a while now. It is a bold color and with a few adjustments, I'll be able to transform it into a Christmas wreath next month.
To see all the details of my tube wreath click here.
I've updated my wreath for Christmas, you can see it by clicking on the link below.

• Tube  (shopped at home)
  • Fabric scraps  (shopped at home)
  • Ball paddles  (you can find them in your kids old toy bin)

Mary - The Boondocks Blog