A New "antique" Dresser From a Freebie

I have hated this dresser for five years and finally refinished it. I wanted to experiment with chalk paint so I made my own recipe from paint and unsanded grout that I had. It covered great! I used typography from The Graphics Fairy and then I sanded it down, mixed a wax with stain and painted it on. Thirty minuted later I buffed it off.The only difficult part of this whole process was moving the dresser from the bedroom to the porch and back by myself. Now I need to do the matching 9 drawer dresser.....
a new antique dresser from a freebie, chalk paint, painted furniture, The finished product
The finished product.
a new antique dresser from a freebie, chalk paint, painted furniture, Back in it s home where it belongs
Back in it's home where it belongs.
a new antique dresser from a freebie, chalk paint, painted furniture, The very ugly and unloved before
The very ugly and unloved before....
a new antique dresser from a freebie, chalk paint, painted furniture, It s half way there
It's half way there....
a new antique dresser from a freebie, chalk paint, painted furniture, Finally back to the guest room where she belongs I love her
Finally back to the guest room where she belongs. I love her!

Questions on this post

Your question...

Comments

2 of 8 comments
Next