Coffee Can Storage

Still on the quest for not ugly storage for the weird things I keep in my arts and crafts room, I decided to spruce up my coffee cans too!
coffee can storage, decoupage, painted furniture, storage ideas
Large coffee can, but you can use any size can with a lid.
Make your lid - put a whole in the middle of the lid using a washer, and old knobs we had from another redo,
Lid
decoupage your can with paper you want. Use mod-podge and seal with polycrylic or polyurethane
or use holographic paper... I did both. When using holographic paper the best way to adhere it is to paint the can with polycrylic and press the paper into it. allow it to dry for about 2 minutes and smooth put any wrinkles.
If any of the polycrylic gets on the holographic paper, it will not damage its reflexive qualities. Allow it to dry overnight before putting a lid on it!
I am not sure I am going to leave the top blue, but for the holographic one, as soon as I am off my crutches I am going to do it in metallic silver!

• Coffee cans
  • Glue/mod podge and polycrylic
  • Paper

• Gila

I know someone who always has these Maxwell House tins lying around and he would love this repurposing idea! Thanks for sharing.

• Teresa

Thanks! My grandson wants to do one with the avengers on it!

• Hillela G.

I love your creativity!

• Teresa

Thank you- this started because I am going to finish my art room this year and will do the tin ceiling, but my storage is ugly!! WHo wants a beautiful room with shoeboxes and coffee cans everywhere?