Dan330
Dan330
  • Saint Paul, MN

Making Miniature Tools for Fairy Gardens

This summer our grand-daughter enjoyed her fairy garden and she inspired my wife to create some mini tools. My wife wanted them to look organic and viney, as if they were made by little ones who tend the forests. She loves being a grandma who can become a kid again through imagination. For the full article visit our site: http://art-spired.livedan330.com/2013/10/05/mini-garden-tools/ and don't forget to follow us on Hometalk.
Forming the shovel.
Forming the shovel.
Forming the shovel blade.
Forming the shovel blade.
Here a shovel takes form and is soldered together.
Heating up the tools to work with.
Forming the pitchfork.
Forming the pitchfork.
Forming a pitchfork.
Finished pitchfork and shovel.
Finished pitchfork and shovel.
What grandchild wouldn't love these for his or her mini garden?  In fact, what grandma wouldn't want these for an indoor terrarium?
What grandchild wouldn't love these for his or her mini garden? In fact, what grandma wouldn't want these for an indoor terrarium?
Don't these look like fun? What a great decoration for any fairy garden.
Shovel, rake and pitchfork. Wouldn't these be great for a fairy, bonsai or mini-zen garden?
When the grandkids are over, they're always collecting something and giving me their gifts.  This day, Jackson was into acorns another idea was birthed. What if the cap was a birdbath?
When the grandkids are over, they're always collecting something and giving me their gifts. This day, Jackson was into acorns another idea was birthed. What if the cap was a birdbath?
Look like it might be too hard to do yourself? Check out the fairy garden tools here: http://shop.livedan330.com/collections/fairy-garden-tools-in-sterling-silver/products/fairy-garden-tools-set-of-3
Dan330