Josi Thomas
Josi Thomas
  • Shawnee, KS

Guitar Case Made Into a Teenagers Looking Glass #UnicornSPiT

I was looking for something fun for my daughter for Christmas. She has received so many things I have made over the years. I was running out of ideas. Until I got this one.
guitar case made into a teenagers looking glass unicornspit, crafts, repurposing upcycling
Started out with a standard guitar case. Make sure there are some type of hinges on the side.
Since I planned to cover this in Unicorn SPiT I needed to prep the surface so it would stick to the fake leather. I grabbed my trust Mod Podge and covered the entire case.
Let it dry.... it was a thin coat so it was dry in about 15 minutes.
Grabbed my Unicorn SPiT and put it where I wanted it spread. I spritz it with just a small amount of water and cover in Pastic. I didn't get a picture of it spread out under the plastic. Sorry.
Once I spread it out and pulled the plastic from the left to the right. BAM it blends perfectly. Now repeat this step until you have covered all the areas you want.
Let it dry completely before you flip
it over to do the other sides the edges.
Once it was dry I layed down a stencil and added a couple of new shades of Unicorn SPiT in the Sparkle Group. Added a little free hand design and sealed with 3 Coates of Lacquer
NOW for the inside... I wanted shelves for her make up and perfume. And of course every 14 yr old girl needs a mirror or 2 or 3 or 8 ... last but not least.. A place to hang her jewelry. Sorry no picture of the jewelry holder. BUT inside the green box area are hooks to hang her necklaces.
Here I am showing how I did the shelves. I used a Foam Board and just perforated NOT to cut all the way through. You will be able to bend it with out it detaching.
Now to cover the shelves. I have tons of bandanas so it was easy to find one that would match... pretty close anyway.
Grab your hot glue gun and wrap the entire foam board.
All wrapped and ready to be placed inside the Case.
I just hot glued them in place and cleaned up the area some and we have shelves.
Make sure you measure them before you wrap them....
For the mirrors I found these little cuties at Joann's and they were way cheaper than having them cut. I just again, hot glued them in place. Gives it the perfect touch!!

• Guitar case
  • Mod Podge
  • Unicorn Spit  (www.unicornspit.com)

To see more: https://m.facebook.com/HippyChicCreationJosiThomas/

• Jeri Walker

Crackle paint can be made with white glue and water, I know you were not going for the crackle paint effect but you used Mod Podge which is basically glue and water, since you used Mod Podge under your Spit paint did the Mod Podge make the paint crackle????When I have glued wood pieces together with wood glue and you do not get it all wiped off before painting it will make your paint crackle. Has anyone used Mod Podge under paint????

• Josi Thomas

If I apply it thick it will crackle some. On the case I did it thin to avoid that. BUT it did happen in a couple place. Happy Mistake!

• DEBORAH BYRD

Where did you get the "moon" that's on the guitar case?

• EJ

What a terrific creation and built to last! I'm sure she'll love it. Excellent, time well spent.

• Vicky Corey

Awesome!