Error loading player:
No playable sources found

Turn Empty Jars Into Stylish Christmas Candy Jars

$2

I know Halloween was just the other day, but I'm so excited for Christmas that I'm already getting a jump start on decorations. These jars are adorable (and they're a great place for all of my leftover Halloween candy). They sit perfectly on a mantel or console table. Plus, they are the perfect project for all of my leftover glass jars! They don’t need to just for candy; you can put any small items in them
christmas jars, christmas decorations, crafts
I used an old jar, silver spray paint, a drill, and a drawer knob. I found these really sparkly bling knobs at my local hardware store for a great price. But you don't have to use such a statement knob, choose whichever one you like.
I gathered a bunch of pretty, unique jars so that my display would look good enough, with or without candy. Step 2: Drill a Hole in the Lid
Take off the lid, find the center of it (or as close as you can get), and mark it. Then drill a hole until it is the same size as your knob screw. There are several ways to find the center of a circle. Here’s a great tutorial how to find the center of a circle from wikihow that explains three methods. Step 3: Spray Paint the Lid
A quick coat of spray paint on your lids will match up all of the jars, even if they are different sizes. If you like the color of your jar, you don't have to paint it, but I think it adds a nice touch. I also love the look of silver and red on Christmas. Step 4: Attach the Knob
Screw in your knob and secure with a washer and nut. The knob I used didn’t have the screw attached, but I made it work.
Then twist it on. I twisted it on with my fingers. You might want to tighten it with a screwdriver, but I found that I got it tight enough without one. Then put the lid back on the jar, and you've got an adorable candy jar.
How gorgeous do they look? I filled these with green and red treats, but I have another stash filled with my leftover Halloween candy.
Hopefully you enjoyed this fun project - it will definitely help step up your DIY home decor game!

• Betty

I guess the knobs are just ornaments as the jars have screw on lids?

• Shelly Carver

Obviously because otherwise you'd simply put out or use your empty jar.

The knobs are the only addition in this lil tutorial.

I love this simple cute way to use the jars im obsessed with saving *much to hubby's chagrin *

And just think how many ways you can change them up to match your theme or room colors? You could paint the lids to match your colors, maybe even midge fabric or pretty napkins on the lids.

Soo many options. 👍🏻😊

• Carol

How long are your screws

mine seem not to screw down tight enough

• Ingetje Tadros

Hi a thanks for recipe but when I mix 1 cup paint with half cup baking soda I need much more water than 3 tablespoins and it keeps getting thick, can I keep adding bits of water?

• Fly
      Yesterday

I see the recipe above for paint, but I don't see an explanation for what this combination is used for. Is this a chalk paint replacement or is this for some other function? I don't want to miss something great in my life? Thanks

• Lisa Hancock

Cheap and easy project!

• Bubbles

If you have a Hobby Lobby it is another great place to purchase knobs. They are on sale every other week.