Shawna Bailey
Shawna Bailey
  • West Orange, NJ

Turn Empty Jars Into Stylish Christmas Candy Jars

$2

I know Halloween was just the other day, but I'm so excited for Christmas that I'm already getting a jump start on decorations. These jars are adorable (and they're a great place for all of my leftover Halloween candy). They sit perfectly on a mantel or console table. Plus, they are the perfect project for all of my leftover glass jars! They don’t need to just for candy; you can put any small items in them like office supplies or decorative marbles. They really add to any festive décor, and I could imagine doing them in other colors for other holidays. Check out how I make them below. Step 1: Gather Your Supplies
christmas jars, christmas decorations, crafts
I used an old jar, silver spray paint, a drill, and a drawer knob. I found these really sparkly bling knobs at my local hardware store for a great price. But you don't have to use such a statement knob, choose whichever one you like.
I gathered a bunch of pretty, unique jars so that my display would look good enough, with or without candy. Step 2: Drill a Hole in the Lid
Take off the lid, find the center of it (or as close as you can get), and mark it. Then drill a hole until it is the same size as your knob screw. There are several ways to find the center of a circle. Here’s a great tutorial how to find the center of a circle from wikihow that explains three methods. Step 3: Spray Paint the Lid
A quick coat of spray paint on your lids will match up all of the jars, even if they are different sizes. If you like the color of your jar, you don't have to paint it, but I think it adds a nice touch. I also love the look of silver and red on Christmas. Step 4: Attach the Knob
Screw in your knob and secure with a washer and nut. The knob I used didn’t have the screw attached, but I made it work.
Then twist it on. I twisted it on with my fingers. You might want to tighten it with a screwdriver, but I found that I got it tight enough without one. Then put the lid back on the jar, and you've got an adorable candy jar.
How gorgeous do they look? I filled these with green and red treats, but I have another stash filled with my leftover Halloween candy.
Hopefully you enjoyed this fun project - it will definitely help step up your DIY home decor game!

• Carol

How long are your screws

mine seem not to screw down tight enough

• Ingetje Tadros

Hi a thanks for recipe but when I mix 1 cup paint with half cup baking soda I need much more water than 3 tablespoins and it keeps getting thick, can I keep adding bits of water?

• Fly

I see the recipe above for paint, but I don't see an explanation for what this combination is used for. Is this a chalk paint replacement or is this for some other function? I don't want to miss something great in my life? Thanks

• Viki

He. Where can I get the jewel drawer knobs? Thank you.

• Mary Monts

These are so cute and festive! Great presentation in you photo. Impressive!

• Cinderella

Thanks so much for your creative ideas and projects!

Be blessed

CDS