End Table Redo!

Road side table find made into a real gem!!
end table redo , painted furniture
Wiped down table and dried it, then sanded. Starting with 80 grit and ending with 120 grit. Wiped it down again with a damp clothe and dried it.
end table redo , painted furniture
This is the final sanding. I didn't take a picture of it before I sanded but it was a really dark color stain and had glass circle marks and other things going on. It was really ugly!
end table redo , painted furniture
Primed it with Kilz spray 2 in 1. I did two coats all over, even underneath.
end table redo , painted furniture
Actually, Before this, I sanded the primed table lightly. Wiped it down and dried it, then spray painted it with this metallic silver. I did 3 coats.
end table redo , painted furniture
I then used a clear glaze with added black acrylic paint. You can see how the cracks and creases are filled in. I did several coats of glaze. I had to wait a couple hours between each one.
end table redo , painted furniture
I am not sure if you can see it in this pic, but I decoupaged each tier with wrapping paper. (just the tops to hide the imperfections). Then I used a polyurethane for a finish. I did about 5 or 6 coats to make sure the decoupage doesn't get wet from any spilled drinks! I did the entire table too.

• Primer, paint, sander, glaze, polyurethane  (Found this table along side the road, haha real good find! Got most of my paint and supplies from Lo)

• Robbie Dendy

Love your work! What brand of polyurethane did you use? All that I have used has yellowed.

• Lst2802435

Did you take the table apart to put the paper on or cut pieces and then applied?

• Sonya Rivera-Rizzotti

The top tier was unscrewed and then I applied the decoupage to the bottom portion, waited for it to be throurally dry. When I knew it completely dry I then screwed the top on and then decoupaged the top.