Easy Stick N Peel Tile

$75

This is almost too easy to be true! If you are looking for a quick and easy way to add some tile to a space I seriously suggest this stuff! I added this small backsplash behind my brother-in-law's kitchen sink with a simple peel and stick method and it worked like magic! All you have to do is put the peel and stick backing and then line up your tiles, stick them to the backing and grout them in place!

We want to help you DIY, so some of the materials in this post are linked to sellers. Just so you know, Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.
easy stick n peel tile, bathroom ideas, cleaning tips, countertops, kitchen backsplash, kitchen design, outdoor living, plumbing, tiling
What a difference! I know there are cute things on the counter in the after picture which also help give some charm, but I mean I really feel like the tile helps the cabinets look like they were put there on purpose versus them just floating there like before!

Get all materials for this project:

STEP 1: Measure the space you will be tiling length and width.
STEP 2: Take your sticky backing and measure the amount you will need to cover the space you are tiling. (using the measurements from step 1) Cut out the pieces needed for the space in their according size(s).
STEP 3: Carefully place your sticky backing on the wall in place. Press all the bubbles out and make sure it is super secure. (Leave the front part covered until you are ready to add the tile.)
STEP 4: Peel away the covering from the sticky piece so that you can put your tile in place. Stick your tile (piece by piece or mosaic grid by grid) on top of the sticky backing. If you need spacers be sure to add them as well. Since mine were sheets of mosaics I was able to eye it pretty easily and didn't use them, but they may be necessary depending on the tile you're using. *Be sure to press your tile on the backing firmly to ensure that it is stuck in place.
STEP 5: If you have tiles that don't fit in the space you are working with you can cut them to size by slicing through the backing of the mosaic sheet or if you have an angle grinder or tile cutter you can cut right through the tile. I didn't need to cut through the tiles for the space I was working with, but did cut away from the backing a bit.
STEP 6: Once all your tiles are in place it is time to seal them in with some grout. Using your grout float spread the grout over and in all the crevices of the tile. A film will sort of appear over the tiles from the grout being spread over them. Use a damp sponge to wipe away the grout from the top of the tiles, but be sure not to wipe it from between them. Make sure to rinse and rewet your sponge pretty much between each wipe. It will help to ensure your tiles are kept nice and clean and smooth.
STEP 7: You will have to allow your grout to dry for 48 hours before applying some sealer. I KNOW! A long time, but you want to make sure it is completely dry before adding more moisture. When using this be sure to again wipe away any that gets on the tiles as it is meant to only be applied to the grout between the tiles. It will help keep the tiles clean and from getting stained from any spills or splashes.
I discovered that grouting is super therapeutic for me. Not really sure why, but I love it... Anyway, I love the classic look of this hexagon tile in their old kitchen.
Using this peel and stick business has really got me wanting to tile everything! It really helps shorten and ease up the process of tiling!
They are going to add some nice bright knobs to the cabinets, but geesh this kitchen just keeps getting better and better.

• Carolyn Clark

If you wanted to do a very large space, with the tile ever get too heavy and pull off the sticky backing?

• Jane Mahaney

Do you think this would work with glass subway tiles? Would they be too heavy? Beautiful job. Very creative.

• Abayomi49

Would you mind explaining how you applied the sealer? That seems very important to me, and not shown.

Thank You!