DIY Rustic Christmas Pallet Snowman

Pallet snowmen are very popular this year, here's a simple way to make your own! These signs are great propped on a porch, front stairway or near the fireplace, OR, you can use in place of a wreath on the front door. The nice part about this one is the hat is also chalkboard! You can write any message or leave blank.
DIY Rustic Pallet Snowman

To BUY this adorable snowman click here!

I purchased a preassembled pallet from Hobby Lobby for this project. You can use a repurposed pallet if you prefer, but be sure to sand it down to avoid splinters. I also bought the nose shape and craft buttons for the eyes.
Gathering materials
I had an old piece of chair rail from another project and quickly painted that in chalkboard paint to match the hat area. I thought it would be a nice twist to have a rewriteable sign.
I applied a coat of black chalkboard paint to the top section of the pallet, painted the craft button eyes and carrot nose.
Painting the snowman
Then, I painted the white section using Annie Sloan chalk paint in Old White.
Securing the brim with wood glue
When the paint was dry, I positioned the hat brim and used wood glue to secure in place using clamps until it was fully set.
I simply hot glued down the eyes and nose and a floral stem from the craft store.
Adding the finishing touches

Lastly, I penciled in the mouth area and filled in with black craft paint. His scarf was made with ordinary wired ribbon, ties in place and hot glued at the corners to avoid any movement. And now, he's ready for the holidays!

• Wooden pallet

To see more: https://www.etsy.com/listing/474637554/rustic-christmas-decoration-wooden?ref=shop_home_active_1