Happy Snowmen.

I decided to try to make little sock snowmen. I'd seen them somewhere online. I really cant remember which site. Anyway. I thought they looked cute and easy to make. So I went for it.
happy snowmen , crafts, repurposing upcycling, seasonal holiday decor
I bought a pack of men sport socks for €3, I also bought decorative stone €1.50.
And bits of felt, I cut a bead bracelet to use the beads for eyes, and I used different buttons from my little stash of " they would look nice on " lol.
I used cotton wool balls to fill the face a bit more, because the stones were adding too much weight and the head was falling over.
I didn't take photos of the next bit Sorry.
I cut the foot part off the sock about 1/4 of the foot part was cut and put aside to use again at the end.
Tie a knot in the cut section and turn the sock inside out. Then fill with stones or rice which I used for another one. Give it a good shake down and get it almost filled to the top. At this point I used the cotton wool balls to fill the face because it was falling over with too much weight. Tie a piece of string around the very top part. And tie another piece wherever you want the head to be. Now you have your snowman. The toe part of the sock now becomes the hat. Add stones or other embellishments to the hat, hot glue or sew beads for eyes, roll a small piece of Orange felt for the nose, I sewed the nose on. I used embroidery thread for the mouth, then added buttons to the belly and ribbon or fabric scrap for the scarf.
Cut the foot part off the sock .
Cut the foot part off the sock .
Sorry I forgot to take in the middle photos.
The one on the right, I used bed socks which are really soft and fluffy and I filled him with rice. I don't know how long it will last with rice which is why I bought the little stones. They should last forever.
County Laois on an Autumn afternoon.
County Laois on an Autumn afternoon.
Just thought I'd share some photos of my near neighbourhood on an afternoon walk with my grandsons.
Emo court in Autumn.
Emo court in Autumn.
Swans and ducks in Emo lake. Autumn afternoon

• Socks and stones.  (Penny's or Primark department stores.)
  • Bed socks and rice.  (SuperValu. Local supermarket.)
  • Buttons, beads, glue, felt.  (My stash of useless bits. ( treasure ))

• Sandra Crosbie

Thank you Judy. Have fun making them with your grandson. Enjoy your time. Happy Christmas.🎍🎄🔔🎀🎈

• Dl.5660408

Really cute idea for a whole snowman family! Thanks for including pictures of your beautiful homeland

• Sandra Crosbie

Thank you. The photos were taken on one really nice afternoon. We are all very lucky to live in an area which we can enjoy and go for long walks. Merry Christmas to you.🍀❄⛄🌲