"Quilted" Styrofoam Box- Fall Centerpiece or a Storage Box ( Tutorial)

If you guys are familiar with my previous posts you would know that I am crazy about fabric:) I also like to do crazy crafts that involve using not very typical objects. In this case I used a Styrofoam box my husband brought from work saying " look, you can do something cool with it!". So I had it for a few months and I finally decided to do something "cool" with it :) You can basically use any Styrofoam like shape to create this "no- sew quilt" looking decorations. In the past, I just worked with a rectangular or square pieces. I also would like to do it to the Styrofoam balls or rings. So here is how I made my little box.... I am still looking for a perfect use for it and a good spot in a house:)
quilted styrofoam box fall centerpiece or a storage box tutorial, crafts, the box
the box
quilted styrofoam box fall centerpiece or a storage box tutorial, crafts, the tools I used
the tools I used
quilted styrofoam box fall centerpiece or a storage box tutorial, crafts, draw your borders first use a marker
draw your borders first ( use a marker)
quilted styrofoam box fall centerpiece or a storage box tutorial, crafts, borders all over the box
borders all over the box
quilted styrofoam box fall centerpiece or a storage box tutorial, crafts, draw your design make sure it is not tiny or detailed owl legs in this case they were too small
draw your design- make sure it is not tiny or detailed ( owl legs in this case- they were too small)
quilted styrofoam box fall centerpiece or a storage box tutorial, crafts, cut along the lines be careful not to cat thru
cut along the lines ( be careful not to cat thru)
quilted styrofoam box fall centerpiece or a storage box tutorial, crafts, put the box on the piece of fabric and push the fabric in using and tool with a flat end ex screw driver wood curving tool etc
put the box on the piece of fabric and push the fabric in using and tool with a flat end ( ex. screw driver, wood curving tool, etc.)
quilted styrofoam box fall centerpiece or a storage box tutorial, crafts, push the fabric in until it is tide
push the fabric in until it is tide
quilted styrofoam box fall centerpiece or a storage box tutorial, crafts, the bottom
the bottom
quilted styrofoam box fall centerpiece or a storage box tutorial, crafts, all tacked in
all tacked in:)
quilted styrofoam box fall centerpiece or a storage box tutorial, crafts, done with the borders
done with the borders
quilted styrofoam box fall centerpiece or a storage box tutorial, crafts, Pick any fabric you want but make sure that the pieces you cut are bigger than the shape you drew
Pick any fabric you want but make sure that the pieces you cut are bigger than the shape you drew
quilted styrofoam box fall centerpiece or a storage box tutorial, crafts, finished
finished :)
quilted styrofoam box fall centerpiece or a storage box tutorial, crafts, the back side
the back side :)
quilted styrofoam box fall centerpiece or a storage box tutorial, crafts, Playing around and figuring out what works
Playing around and figuring out what works :)

Questions on this post

Your question...
  1 question

Comments

2 of 4 comments
Next