Diane Woods
Diane Woods
  • Franklin, TN

Update Cabinet Doors - From Plank Panel to Bead Beautiful

I had mismatched cabinets in my laundry room. The uppers had trim and were decent, the bottoms were laminate planks. One of my favorite "fix" items is textured wallpaper. I put it in the middle of my upper cabinets. On my lower plank cabinet and drawer fronts I put the wallpaper, wood trim that matched the uppers (mostly), caulked around the outside of the trim to blend in with paintable caulk. The good thing about this update on laminate is the face of the cabinet is now all paintable! Everything got a coat of the same paint, then the same knobs. Now everything matches!
update cabinet doors from plank panel to bead beautiful, diy, kitchen cabinets, woodworking projects

• Lisa

Looks nice! How easy is it to clean and will it hold up? I've been looking for an easy update for my kitchen, this just may be it!!

• Patty Gillie

Excellent idea and probably easier than using actual beadboard. Where did you get the wallpaper and about how much was it?