Easy No-Hardware Valance for Blinds

$5

Wooden blinds are a great window treatment option, but finishing them off can be tricky, especially if you don't want to hang curtains too. Today I'm sharing my easy, no hardware-needed solution for dressing up the blinds.
All you need is a thin piece of wood or trim (about 1/4" thick) painted to match your blinds and adhesive velcro - that's it! I cut down our trim board myself, but if you don't have a saw you could ask your hardware store to cut it to the width of your blinds when you purchase it. For velcro I used Scotch Indoor Velcro Squares. They have a 3 lb weight limit which is more than enough needed for our project, but I made sure to use three velcro tabs per window for a secure hold.
To hang, I just put the adhesive velcro tabs along the top assembly of the blinds and pressed the trim board on top securely. That's it! This makes for a quick and professional finish to the blinds but still allows you to easily take it down to access the mounts for the blinds for window maintenance and cleaning.
Instagram: @birchlandinghome {Please see my original blog post for additional pictures}

Sarah | Birch Landing Home

• Janet

Thank you for this. I forgot to put the hardware for the valance strip on mine before I put them up. It required doing that. Bad designing in my book. I have not been motivated to take them down to put the "valance" on . Velcro... genius!!!

• Leslie

GREAT idea, Thank you for sharing :)