Easy No-Hardware Valance for Blinds

$5

Wooden blinds are a great window treatment option, but finishing them off can be tricky, especially if you don't want to hang curtains too. Today I'm sharing my easy, no hardware-needed solution for dressing up the blinds.
All you need is a thin piece of wood or trim (about 1/4" thick) painted to match your blinds and adhesive velcro - that's it! I cut down our trim board myself, but if you don't have a saw you could ask your hardware store to cut it to the width of your blinds when you purchase it. For velcro I used Scotch Indoor Velcro Squares. They have a 3 lb weight limit which is more than enough needed for our project, but I made sure to use three velcro tabs per window for a secure hold.
To hang, I just put the adhesive velcro tabs along the top assembly of the blinds and pressed the trim board on top securely. That's it! This makes for a quick and professional finish to the blinds but still allows you to easily take it down to access the mounts for the blinds for window maintenance and cleaning.
Instagram: @birchlandinghome {Please see my original blog post for additional pictures}

Check Out These 15 Beautiful Flower Ideas For Spring
15 Fun Things You Can Make Using Your Cricut
31 Brilliant Ways To Repurpose Everyday Items Into Perfect Organizers
Check Out These 30 Incredible Floor Transformations Ideas
18 Ideas to Keep You From Feeling Blue
Update Your Plain Dishes With These Adorable Ideas
27 Wonderful Ways You Can Use Scrapbooking Paper
30 Great Ideas For Every Pet Owner!
31 Gorgeous Homemade Candle Ideas You're Going to Want to Try
26 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You REALLY Excited for Christmas
15 Genius Ways to Organize Your Bedroom
Get Ready For The Baseball Season With These Great Projects
Transform Tuna Cans Into Gorgeous Lighting In 10 Simple Steps
Sarah | Birch Landing Home

• Janet

Thank you for this. I forgot to put the hardware for the valance strip on mine before I put them up. It required doing that. Bad designing in my book. I have not been motivated to take them down to put the "valance" on . Velcro... genius!!!

• Leslie

GREAT idea, Thank you for sharing :)