Upcycle Glass Louvers? Does Anyone Have Ideas ?

Vicki SchwarzKaren SilmanValerie
+14

here in Hawaii we have tons of them at 1 dollar apiece. I thought about a kitchen backsplash but would be happy for other ideas. most are both translucent and transparent glass types available in various lengths from about 19-34 inches.
  • B. Enne
    B. Enne

windchimes, narrow shelves, fake stained glass/mosaic patterns

• Char
    Char

use for a backsplash. paint one side, facing the paint side to the wall. that way you have color and be easy to clean

• Sue Peet
    Sue Peet

buy glass paint, stencils to paint a pretty design. Once finished put a frame around the piece then hang in the window. If I could think of way where you could put four of them together to create a unique ceiling light.

• Jeanne Martin
    Jeanne Martin

If you can cut them with a glass cutter tool (straight lines are easy) you could make various sizes of vases by gluing edges together. I'm thinking graduated sizes. I cant tell if glass is too thick to cut with a simple glass cutter tho. Probably won't be water tight but you could fill with those little bags of gems or clear silicone stuff that looks like water. Insert faux flowers or greenery. There's lots of things you could do to the glass before gluing the sides together to personalize (paint, etch, frost, etc.). Or fill with different layers of colored sand. So many options!

• Deanna Nassar
    Deanna Nassar

I can kind of see strips of glass alternating with strips of wood. Use something like caulk to seal the seam. Use for light-weight side table for drinks, snacks. Check out sugru.com for some ideas. It's a moldable glue that can be shaped to any use. Also someone found a way to make a substitute they call Oogoo,

• Sha3898107
    Sha3898107

Put spacers in between them with wood into a table

• Vicki Lehmann
    Vicki Lehmann

If you need medicine cabinet shelves, you could have these cut to your specifications. Shelving units in general could be topped with glass.

• Laura Williams-May
      Laura Williams-May

Yes I am going to do that when I put in the oversize floor length med cabinet between the studs in the bathroom.

• Vicki Lehmann
    Vicki Lehmann

Hey, there Laura. Great minds think alike. Good luck with your project(s).

• Cristen Chermak
    Cristen Chermak

Paint your kitchen walls a cool color and use them for backsplash! Use a complementary colored grout between them. They would be easy to clean and the paint would show through the glass!

• Artemis
    Artemis

We had a louvered window we removed when closing in our carport. That area became a new bathroom with a laundry room addition directly behind it. We kept the space where the window had been, put a wood backing and used the louvered glass for shelves. Because they came out of the original window, they fit perfectly. They make attractive, sturdy, shelves.

• Carolyn Carter
    Carolyn Carter

They would make pretty shelves in a kitchen window for plants.

• Valerie
    Valerie

If you have a small window, you could mount them as shelves for pot plants etc

• Karen Silman
    Karen Silman

Build ur self a nursery for plants using some pallets and the lever windows.

• Vicki Schwarz
    Vicki Schwarz

These would be pretty sturdy so you could do a kind of chime or mobile with them. They would reflect light nicely

• Vicki Schwarz
    Vicki Schwarz

A see through hurricane lamp type body, use them I'm place of boards for a box type thing