Run-off Rivers and Gardens

We built our home, and our yard. We bought 10 acres 2 years ago, it was a canola field. This year we started working on the area outside of the "front" of our house.

We leveled the dirt with a slope away from the house. Very glad we have a skid steer, and I can use it like crazy!

Started using the rocks we collected off of our property ( I think we have a rock and gravel pit down there) to build a rock garden on the south west side of the house,

Decided I wanted "wet/dry beds leading from our downspouts. I lined the bottom of the "streambed" with greenhouse "flooring" a tarp that allows water to seep through but does not allow weeds to grow up. You could use a tart or landscape fabric too. But I have this available to me in rolls and rolls!

I had constant help from my every present puppies..

and moved and carried rocks.. and rocks

and bigger rocks

and more rocks.. and then mulch

and started on the other side of the house

and in front... and more rocks and more mulch..

and then whooo hooo concrete!

and plants, and..

rocks and soil, compost and although it will not show until next year, planted grass seed.

but I enjoyed sitting out here watching our sunsets...

Materials - landscape fabric, tarps or greenhouse flooring Rocks soil plants seed Muscles!

15 Clever Repurposing Ideas That Will Add Some Creativity to Your Home
15 Home Improvement DIY Ideas You'll Want To Copy This Month
15 Memorial Day Crafts
15 DIY Projects That Will Make You Say "WOW!"
31 Ways For You To Style Your Garden
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
15 Ways To Upcycle And Create More Storage At The Same Time
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
15 Totally Doable Makeover Ideas You Can Finish In One Day
3 Absolutely Adorable Ways To Display Your Plants
Super Cool Painting Techniques You've Probably Never Seen!

• Robin Nichols Austin

where did gou get the Scotts 25 year ground cover?

• Jae Franko

What a beautiful job. How long did it take you?

• Jojo

Okay.....get ready for it.....you knew it was coming.....YOU GUYS ROCK!!! LOL

Sorry but I just couldn't resist. Awesome job and a mega project to say the least well done. You really do have a Rock Garden now! Love it. Looks like you may live in the prairies in Canada??

It's the canola that gave you away ;-)

Hugs from Quebec (( ))

• Jojo

I'm in LaPrairie….can you believe it? This is just too funny. Stay safe and enjoy your new life in the prairies. It already looks awesome!

okay, another hug to you both...(( ))

• Desiree'

Oh my.....good luck and keep up with creative ideas for your home and yard. The last photo at the bottom is just so stunningly beautiful. May you enjoy all the beautiful nature along with sun coming up each morning and down at the end of the day. :-)

• Susan Clements Brown

absolutely beautiful. I'm tired just looking at your photos